News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Riviera Maya - Jan. 13-15, 2017

Started by rowjimmy, April 12, 2016, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Phish are going back to Mexico! The return of Phish: Riviera Maya, a 4-night all-inclusive concert vacation, will take place on January 13-15, 2017. The band will perform three nights on the beach in one of the world’s most beautiful spots – Mexico’s Caribbean coastline. The concerts will take place at Barceló Maya Beach, which sits on a mile-long stretch of white sandy beach.

Fans can stay at the host resort or at one of the other six selected hotel-resorts (including three additional properties for this year). For those not staying at the Barceló Maya Beach, shuttle service will be provided. A variety of off-site adventures will also be available.

Packages for Phish: Riviera Maya will go on sale April 19 at 1PM ET. For complete details, including payment plans, visit http://www.phishrivieramaya.com.

Update:

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 14, 2016, 03:48:49 PM
QuoteDue to feedback received from many of you we're pushing the on-sale date for @PhishRivMaya to 4/28 1ET to give fans a bit more time to plan.
https://twitter.com/phish/status/720699157061767168

Hicks

Sweet.

Interesting timing to announce this before Fall Tour. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on April 12, 2016, 03:08:16 PM
Sweet.

Interesting timing to announce this before Fall Tour.

First (and one of the few legitimate) gripes about this year was how short a lead time folks had.
This si a bit more on par with other events of this nature, I think.

VDB

Happy to see this news; a little caught off guard by how quickly it came.

They've added some more resorts but I wonder if they plan on making the show capacity much larger.

As hard as tickets were the first time, my fear is they'll be even tougher this go-around since people have heard how awesome it was.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on April 12, 2016, 03:26:51 PM

They've added some more resorts but I wonder if they plan on making the show capacity much larger.

As hard as tickets were the first time, my fear is they'll be even tougher this go-around since people have heard how awesome it was.

I've heard rumors of it being more in the 10k neighborhood this time. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VDB on April 12, 2016, 03:26:51 PM

I've heard they are accommodating more people this time around, different stage location to fit everyone.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Wow, this announcement came out of nowhere!

I think I need to do this.

ETA: Seems pricier than this year already, no?
Bring in the dude!

emay

woah def a early announcement but im down with that

def interested in trying to get in on this !! hit me up if you want to throw down on a package

looks like the cheapest (most doable for me) are Barcelo Superior Room = 6,961 total / $1,740.25 pp

Dreams Tulum    $5,219 total / $1,739.67 pp

Hard Rock Deluxe Gold $6,699 total / $1,674.75 pp

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 12, 2016, 04:19:31 PM

def interested in trying to get in on this !! hit me up if you want to throw down on a package

looks like the cheapest (most doable for me) are Barcelo Superior Room = 6,961 total / $1,740.25 pp

Might be down get in on that...

I think you and I could rage Mexico proper!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 12, 2016, 04:21:26 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 12, 2016, 04:19:31 PM

Might be down get in on that...

I think you and I could rage Mexico proper!  :wtu:

:crazy:
you know it buddy!
WE WILL BE RAGIN ROBES ALL WEEKEND!

all those places are 4 person rooms too

mistercharlie

I look forward to watching this from my couch again this next year.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

So this should be an interesting conversation tonight with the wifey. We said we would go the next time but wasn't expecting an announcement in April. I've got Vegas in November and possibly in October if the boys are there for Halloween. Going to Florida for Christmas. Planning another vacation for the end of May for our wedding anniversary. Now gotta squeeze in the funds for this too. I really hope this is in the cards for me.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

So... are people thinking this will become a regular thing?

How often do these other bands like Panic do this? Is it every year?

I guess, from the bands standpoint... There's no reason not to do it once a year? I'm sure they profit as much as any other random shows and hey, free vacation for the family in Mexico.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 12, 2016, 07:33:04 PM
So... are people thinking this will become a regular thing?

How often do these other bands like Panic do this? Is it every year?

I guess, from the bands standpoint... There's no reason not to do it once a year? I'm sure they profit as much as any other random shows and hey, free vacation for the family in Mexico.

2 hiatuses have taught me that nothing is ever guaranteed.  Just book it already!