News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Riviera Maya - Jan. 13-15, 2017

Started by rowjimmy, April 12, 2016, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

Although I did not see it for myself, my wife indicated the entire purchase must be through one credit card. They must hav had a big headache last time around with people using multiple cards.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

emay

oooof, I can try my card but I am guessing a 6k dollar charge will get declined since that is over my line of credit

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 13, 2016, 05:27:54 PM
oooof, I can try my card but I am guessing a 6k dollar charge will get declined since that is over my line of credit

Seems like a pretty solid guess. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on April 13, 2016, 05:44:06 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

barnesy305

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 13, 2016, 05:52:12 PM

Hey Neely, you just got your stage 6 something, how's his math look?

birdman

Quote from: barnesy305 on April 13, 2016, 06:55:11 PM

:clap:
Paug FTMFW!

whatapiper

Quote from: birdman on April 13, 2016, 07:20:59 PM

:clap:

Gold
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 12, 2016, 07:33:04 PM
So... are people thinking this will become a regular thing?

How often do these other bands like Panic do this? Is it every year?

I guess, from the bands standpoint... There's no reason not to do it once a year? I'm sure they profit as much as any other random shows and hey, free vacation for the family in Mexico.

I was told they have a 3 year contract with Barcelo so....

And also, not sure if someone answered your other question, but you only need to put down a deposit next Tuesday.  I think it is 40% or something but I didn't look too closely.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Getting more and more excited the more I think about this.

I'm gonna have to eat my JamCruise deposit, but it's totally worth it.

Was really stressing about the choice for a minute but it comes down to quantity vs. quality.

5 days with a BUNCH of awesome bands VS. 3 days with the BEST BAND EVER!!!

Phish wins!
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Not that I am doing either but I'd enjoy the downtime before a show (Phish) in addition to not getting pissed that I was to wiped and missed that Lettuce set or wtv (JC).

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 13, 2016, 09:08:28 PM
Not that I am doing either but I'd enjoy the downtime before a show (Phish) in addition to not getting pissed that I was to wiped and missed that Lettuce set or wtv (JC).

My choice is surely no slant to JC. That fest is incredible. Lots of great music.

It's more about my obsession of phish. I dunno, no other music hits me in "that place".  I could see 30 fantastically, talented bands on JC but not one of them gives me "THAT" feeling..
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 13, 2016, 09:20:10 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 13, 2016, 09:08:28 PM

My choice is surely no slant to JC. That fest is incredible. Lots of great music.

It's more about my obsession of phish. I dunno, no other music hits me in "that place".  I could see 30 fantastically, talented bands on JC but not one of them gives me "THAT" feeling..

That's pretty obvious if you're gonna eat a $250 deposit for a cabin on the cruise.
Dedication.

anthrax