News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Gene Wilder

Started by mopper_smurf, August 29, 2016, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene-wilder-dead-dies-willie-wonka-young-frankenstein-1201846745/

QuoteGene Wilder, who regularly stole the show in such comedic gems as "The Producers," "Blazing Saddles," "Young Frankenstein," "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and "Stir Crazy," died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn. His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer's disease. He was 83.

He had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 1989.

The comic actor, who was twice Oscar nominated, for his role in "The Producers" and for co-penning "Young Frankenstein" with Mel Brooks, usually portrayed a neurotic who veered between total hysteria and dewy-eyed tenderness. "My quiet exterior used to be a mask for hysteria," he told Time magazine in 1970. "After seven years of analysis, it just became a habit."
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

A monumental figure in 20th Century comedy. 

RIP
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Just look at those baby blues.

Rest in peace, Willy.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Really one of the greats has passed.

RIP.  :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

One of my first memories of ever even watching a movie is this perfect cinematic moment...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

RIP

I'm going to have to bust out the Young Frankenstein dvd.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: ytowndan on August 29, 2016, 08:57:19 PM
RIP

we used to watch this with mom, religiously.
I watched it last night; stirred up all the feels.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

ph92

Quote from: ytowndan on August 29, 2016, 08:57:19 PM
RIP

I got the opportunity to see this in a theater a couple years back on Halloween.

This is truly a bummer. He was a great actor. Lots of great memories as a child watching his stuff. He will be missed.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Put on Young Frankenstein last night...
Damn, he was great.

sls.stormyrider

tonight's movie night - will definitely be Young Frankenstein, followed by Blazing Saddles if I can stay up.

A great talent.

Reunited with Gilda.

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Lifeboy

My dad made me watch 'Blazing Saddles' when I was a little kid, and I absolutely fell in love with it. We watched it religiously throughout my adolescence.

RIP  :cry:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Igbo

Grew up watching Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles like it was my job when I was a kid.

RIP Waco Kid

cactusfan

my brief and slightly odd ode:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2016/08/gene-wilder-is-many-things-and-all-of-them-are-awesome/

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: cactusfan on August 31, 2016, 12:03:19 PM
my brief and slightly odd ode:

www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2016/08/gene-wilder-is-many-things-and-all-of-them-are-awesome/

nicely done, cactus.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫