News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Col. Bruce Hampton, Ret.

Started by mistercharlie, May 02, 2017, 05:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

sunrisevt

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 02, 2017, 04:41:52 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 02, 2017, 03:05:53 PM
Quote from: mbw on May 02, 2017, 02:09:44 PM
The footage is tough to watch.

I can't even.

It's brutal...

Yeah I'm not ready to go there. This one hurts a lot... as a performer I put him right there with Prince, just an absolutely captivating presence on the stage, and I was lucky enough to see him in tiny clubs a handful of times. Fuck.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 02, 2017, 03:05:53 PM
Quote from: mbw on May 02, 2017, 02:09:44 PM
The footage is tough to watch.

I can't even.

That's one video I'll never watch. This was a tough day at work.  :shakehead:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Wow. Just... wow.

What a way to go.

This one is hurting me. Fuck.
Bring in the dude!

mbw

I was just watching an interview with him, and he is lamenting the state of music these days lacking soul and what not, and he says "Mumford and Sons is about as sexual as a brick."   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

emay

Quote from: mbw on May 02, 2017, 08:56:20 PM
I was just watching an interview with him, and he is lamenting the state of music these days lacking soul and what not, and he says "Mumford and Sons is about as sexual as a brick."   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Lol!

emay

What a crazy way to go out.

I saw him once in GA. Was some wild music.
RIP

Hicks

I gotta say, that while I'm aware that ARU was a big influence for Phish I'm not really very familiar with their music. 

But the above statement definitely makes me feel an affinity for Col. Bruce.

RIP, now is probably as good a time as any to get acquainted with his work. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

Aww damn I haven't checked out the Paug for a hot minute and I see this plus other bad shit...I need to seek enlightenment and understanding so there can be another voice for healing.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 02, 2017, 11:18:15 PM

I gotta say, that while I'm aware that ARU was a big influence for Phish I'm not really very familiar with their music. 

Yeah, at least check out the YEM from the last Albany Palace Theatre show.  You must be familiar with that jam.  Pretty sure it is Spring 93 but it could be 92....all time YEM.

PIE-GUY

Start here:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 03, 2017, 12:16:00 AM

Yeah, at least check out the YEM from the last Albany Palace Theatre show.  You must be familiar with that jam.  Pretty sure it is Spring 93 but it could be 92....all time YEM.

Well yeah dude, 5-5-93.  And obvs, it's amazing.  I think they are on the Tiptina 91 release too. 

Just haven't really heard much of his own music.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 03, 2017, 12:46:19 AM

Start here:

Thanks man, will check it out. 

PIE-GUY

And the first ARU album is amazing. Stream it wherever you stream things or listen to it on the tubes...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 03, 2017, 12:46:19 AM

Start here:

Good stuff, thank you.
Is this still Wombat?