News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-21 The Gorge - George, WA

Started by PIE-GUY, July 22, 2018, 02:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

2018-07-21 The Gorge - George, WA

Set I

Party Time, Punch You In the Eye, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Week4paug Groove, Infinite*, It's Ice, The Divided Sky, Cavern

Set II

Tweezer > Golden Age > Farmhouse, Piper > Prince Caspian > Velvet Sea, Rise/Come Together, Run Like an Antelope

Encore

Bug, Tweezer Reprise

*FTP - Mike original 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

I thought that was a really good show. Better than it looks on paper, that's for sure

Hicks

Sometimes they play Tweezer > Golden Age.

And sometimes they play Farmhouse. 

And sometimes they play Fuckerpants and Velvet Sea.

And sometimes all those things happen in the second set of Saturday night at the Gorge. 

Who am I to judge?

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Stream revealed a sloppy first set that frequently came together in good ways and a much tighter second set that started awesome but clearly flagged for some. I enjoyed it, however.

mistercharlie

Looks nice, and I'm ready to dive in and listen, but I am not looking forward to that Velvet Fuckerpants.  :tte:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Still don't get how people don't feel the power of Velvet Sea

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 22, 2018, 08:56:47 AM
Still don’t get how people don’t feel the power of Velvet Sea

I actually like Velvet Sea, just not directly after a Fuckerpants, nor deep in a second set.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 22, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

I actually like Velvet Sea, just not directly after a Fuckerpants, nor deep in a second set.

It works.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 22, 2018, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 22, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

It works.

Damn, I just did some statistical analysis and found that of the 93 times Velvet Sea has been played 18 of them were in Set 1 (3 of those were single set shows so technically only 15 times in a real 1st set), 64 of them were in a 2nd set, 3 in 3rd sets, and 8 were encores. So it turns out I really like the studio version of Velvet Sea but don't like it at a show...  :|

rowjimmy

Infinite is a Gordon/Murawski joint per Julia Mordaunt

anthrax

lotta high points in this show.  and yes, i can appreciate a good slow one, but there were way too many close together in the 2nd set for me.  don't matter if they are new slow ones or super old slow ones.  i wanna rock a majority of the time.

thought night 1 was better.

and like that chomper dude on youtube says...SUCK IT, BUG!

PIE-GUY

Watching this fan video of PYITE I noticed this dad doing it right!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 22, 2018, 11:57:47 AM
Watching this fan video of PYITE I noticed this dad doing it right!

Nicely done.