News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

420 (are you kidding me?)

Started by sophist, April 20, 2006, 10:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

lets be realistic here.  420 is a fake holiday which manifested out of a long smoke session.  How is 4/20 different from any other day? ITS NOT!  Potheads smoke up everyday, so april 20th isn't any different.  Its an excuse to partake in the selfish indulgence of a drug.  The user avoids reality, and prevents himself from being productive in society.  Point being Grow up.  Smoke pot if you choose to, but don't treat like a holiday.  Furthurmore spending the whole day "baked" is a waste of time and brain cells. 

end rant........this is due to the fact that countless people have asked me how I planned to spend my day.  I spend it like every other, I go to class, study hard, surf the web, and indulge myself in a few beers.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gimmetela

Happy Thursday Phan!

I hope your beers are tasty.  As for me, an ex-pothead, I spent my day with my son.  oh yeah, and pulled a stoner move.  Left my wallet two hours away from home, drove back to get it...listened to 8/12/93, and the Ween show from the 12th, me and my son ROCKED IT OUT!  (is what i just did called "hijacking a thread?" :roll:)

Happy third thursday of april!

August

well, i just got real lit with some girls at the bar and this i s what happened.
cant be that bad  :roll:

disco

Worked today, but still enjoyed myself with some friends a little later, ain't no harm...
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

jephrey

I have a different opinion...

Not that I do any celebration or anything, but isn't every holiday is just another day, an excuse to do something...  Who really cares if our earth has rounded the sun an even number of times since an event?  Every holiday is meant to celebrate something right?  So what is wrong with celebrating something that I like?  Even if it's pot...  Pot changed my life.  I feel like I turned a corner.  I was such an ass, but with pot was able to sit back and chill and get off that horse.  Sure, 420 is a made up day/time, but like who cares man.  It'd be no different if it was 120 or 410...  It's an arbitrary date, and it's cool that there's a unified agreement on the date so that "we" feel like a group of people with similar what have yous...

See that dude in the back in aug's pic...  Doesn't he look familiar?  That's because I once had a pic of myself as my avatar and you're remembering me...  Since there weren't enough girls for the both of us, I ended up with a different group of chicks.  It was OK.  We burned a couple Js and had group sex for 4 hours.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hicks

Every day is 420 around these parts.   :wink:

Damn Aug, I need to kick it with you and your "friends" some time!   :-o :-o :-o
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

that one chick on the left doesnt look lit up at all!
thats her trying to wrap her head around jephrey's
deeply philosophical pick-up lines..........
a

sophist

Quote from: jephrey on April 21, 2006, 12:59:25 AM
I have a different opinion...

Not that I do any celebration or anything, but isn't every holiday is just another day, an excuse to do something...  Who really cares if our earth has rounded the sun an even number of times since an event?  Every holiday is meant to celebrate something right?  So what is wrong with celebrating something that I like?  Even if it's pot...  Pot changed my life.  I feel like I turned a corner.  I was such an ass, but with pot was able to sit back and chill and get off that horse.  Sure, 420 is a made up day/time, but like who cares man.  It'd be no different if it was 120 or 410...  It's an arbitrary date, and it's cool that there's a unified agreement on the date so that "we" feel like a group of people with similar what have yous...

See that dude in the back in aug's pic...  Doesn't he look familiar?  That's because I once had a pic of myself as my avatar and you're remembering me...  Since there weren't enough girls for the both of us, I ended up with a different group of chicks.  It was OK.  We burned a couple Js and had group sex for 4 hours.

Jephrey
Interesting theory jeph(I agree with the holiday point).  My flaming was more towards the pot smokers that smoke pot all day, not the casual user. 

Quote from: gimmetela on April 20, 2006, 10:25:03 PM
Happy Thursday Phan!

I hope your beers are tasty.  As for me, an ex-pothead, I spent my day with my son.  oh yeah, and pulled a stoner move.  Left my wallet two hours away from home, drove back to get it...listened to 8/12/93, and the Ween show from the 12th, me and my son ROCKED IT OUT!  (is what i just did called "hijacking a thread?" :roll:)

Happy third thursday of april!
I hope you and your son had a blast. 
Quote from: august on April 20, 2006, 11:03:42 PM
well, i just got real lit with some girls at the bar and this i s what happened.
cant be that bad  :roll:
Nice Aug.  I love the pic.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Gumbo72203

I smoke pot, and every 4/20 i always make it a point to not smoke.  I mean, i guess i understand where all the other people are coming from, but i dont need a mass pop culture holiday to be able to celebrate smoking pot.  I use it more to reflect on what the grass has taught and brought me in my life, and to show that pot isnt the most important thing in my life.  Plus, not smoking makes smoking THAT MUCH better.  you should try it; it really does.  I stopped smoking when i started rehab, and ive only just began to smoke more than once a week again, thanks largely in part to my new suboxone (methadone substitute) being an ex-Deadhead (if thats possible....) and how he understands me when i tell him about how i use psychedelics/pot as tools for spiritual/personal reasons.  so chill.

and oh man that girl on the left is priceless.  hahaha. 

but i am completely dumbfounded as to how you guys found the urge to have sex after smoking.... 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

fauxpaxfauxreal

Uhm.  Smoking always usually GIVES me the urge to do it.

jedifunk

haha, funny... cuz just last weekend, my wife & i got really blazed watching a movie, then went up to bed... we started getting hot & heavy, but we both just kept cracking up at the stupidest stuff... the sex was fun, and interesting because the mood was kept light and joking... but it was actually a chore :roll:  eventually we both had to say "Ok, enough is enough" and then we did the deed.....  sorry, not that anyone here wants to hear about that... but it was funny.

as for less smoking... we do the same.  since having eli 3 years ago, we've both had to get 2nd jobs, and so time is limited, and we prefer to spend it with the kid... so we've gone from smoking all day everyday, to maybe once a day.. Maybe....

and you get waaaay more ripped.  one hit and i'm DONE! :mrgreen:  makes the herb last longer too..
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

i took on every single one of those chicks the other ni9ght........
just dont let my girlfriend know.
a

Gumbo72203

exactly!!!   thats why i love it; i feel like i just started smoking pot all over again.  Like, people dont realize that pot is a psychedelic just like mushrooms because when you smoke everyday, the intensity of the effects wears down, and it isnt special anymore.  But now man, god...  its like im tripping again every time i smoke.  Im back to where i think about how man hits i need to get high instead of how many bowls........

oh and did i mention how insanely perfect the Grateful Dead go with this?  mmm mmmmmmmm!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sophist

gumbo, again i'm not against pot or pot smokers, as you said, its the pop culture holiday that I dont like.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 24, 2006, 06:47:47 PM
exactly!!!   thats why i love it; i feel like i just started smoking pot all over again.  Like, people dont realize that pot is a psychedelic just like mushrooms because when you smoke everyday, the intensity of the effects wears down, and it isnt special anymore.  But now man, god...  its like im tripping again every time i smoke.  Im back to where i think about how man hits i need to get high instead of how many bowls........

oh and did i mention how insanely perfect the Grateful Dead go with this?  mmm mmmmmmmm!
:-D I couldnt of said it better

Quote from: august on April 24, 2006, 06:47:04 PM
i took on every single one of those chicks the other ni9ght........
just dont let my girlfriend know.
a
august is A.K.A.

August

i am telling you...
thise girls are straight dime-a-dozen here on the island.......
a