News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

L.Cool show from the Knitting Factory

Started by cleech74, January 04, 2005, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Those of you that either went or have listened to this show, what do ya think?  I've just finished listening it and I think it's a pretty killer show.  Is this shades of what's to come for Mike Gordon in the next year?  Hopefully with either this line-up or with his other band I hope a tour is on slate for the coming year.  He's the one member of Phish I haven't seen live by himself.  Baltimore just put an excellent new concert hall in called the Ramshead Live, and I'd love to see Mike swing through town. Peace- Colin 8)
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

guyforget

Id come to Bmore to see Cactus.  I have downloaded this show, but havent had a chance to listen to it yet.  I will try to listen to it tonight.  Im excited to see what Mike can do on his own, though I think that his style is so purely Phish that it may be tough for him to assimilate into other projects.  I was not very impressed with his one solo effort, though I did not see that band live.  I will definitely be interesting to hear him playing a guitar with a band like LCool.
-AD_

mattstick

not to be overly negative, but I don't have high hopes for "L Cool"...

guyforget

Of course not, I dont even think that its a band with more than a few gigs a year intended.  I think its just an excuse to jam and get paid, really.
-AD_

jephrey

I, on the other hand, loved Gordo's solo disc.  Quirky stuff.  I saw his Outside Out move a few years before the album came out and hearing the songs was reminiscent.  I hadn't heard of this L Cool thing but will be checking it out asap.  

On the subject of ex-Phishes, I was never a JMP or Pork tornado fan.  I loved vida blue's first disc, and I enjoy most of Trey's stuff.

-Jephrey

remember, it's Michael Gordon, the G is soft!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

yourmomadance

you hear about Gordo bustin out the sunburst 'Doc?

Blaise

Cactus for president in 2005! Mike has been doing his own thing but I have really enjoyed the solo stuff he has pursued. I thought that his intial solo was stuff was interesting, to say the least(a tap danced miked up?), but his playing with the duo and during the L. Cool show are great music. The duo has been the band I have been listening to more and more lately, I think there name will become commonplace in the "jamband" community in tht next few years. And anyone who gets the L. Cool show should not forget to listen to the first set w/ out mike as well, totally different music but great in its own right.

ucusty

mike is playing alot lately!  L cool is sick go get it!