News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Saw the Pixies last night. I haven't seen the band in 25 years, but man did they put on a hell of a show. An hour and 45 minutes of non-stop rock. Paz Lenchantin has the unenviable task of following Kim Deal, but she has definitely come into her own with the band.

Great time. Will post a setlist when I find one. If you can catch them on this tour, it's worth your $$.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mehead

Went to see Trey w/ the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Amazing. Like a lot of Phish shows, the recording doesn't always do the show justice.  You need to be there.  This was clearly one of those examples.  I brought the wifey, who HATES Phish, and she couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was during the show and the whole ride home. She said WTU was amazing  :wtu:  She even clapped during Stash, lol.

If you ever get the chance to see him perform w/ an orchestra, GO!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

GBL

Saw Broken Social Scene this past Thursday at The Palace Theater in St. Paul.  I enjoyed myself, and thought it was a good show.  They played most of my favorite songs, which was nice.

I did not realize, however, that they have like 48 people in their band.  I heard an interview the day before the show on my local public radio music station (which is top-notch, btw: www.thecurrent.org), which one person described the band as a "collective".  I guess I didn't realize that they cycled through members for each album, or tour.

Also, they're from Canada, so, yeah..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: GBL on October 02, 2017, 12:09:58 PM
Saw Broken Social Scene this past Thursday at The Palace Theater in St. Paul.  I enjoyed myself, and thought it was a good show.  They played most of my favorite songs, which was nice.

I did not realize, however, that they have like 48 people in their band.  I heard an interview the day before the show on my local public radio music station (which is top-notch, btw: www.thecurrent.org), which one person described the band as a "collective".  I guess I didn't realize that they cycled through members for each album, or tour.

I'm surprised you didn't know they were a collective if you listened to multiple albums by them.
And don't you live in Minnesota, you're practically Canadian yourself.  :wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 02, 2017, 02:05:26 PM

I'm surprised you didn't know they were a collective if you listened to multiple albums by them.

Yeah surprised you don't know that bands like Do Make Say Think, Metric, Stars, Apostle of Hustle all share members with BSS. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on October 02, 2017, 02:42:16 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 02, 2017, 02:05:26 PM

Yeah surprised you don't know that bands like Do Make Say Think, Metric, Stars, Apostle of Hustle all share members with BSS.

I only knew about Metric and Stars.
And Feist.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

Saw Herbie last night. Amazing as usual.
He is alike a mad scientist at the keyboard
Vinnie Colaiuto always blows me away - he is one of the best in the biz.
The connection the 2 of them have is unreal.

interesting side note - the 2 beset keyboard players of that generation, Herbie and Chick Corea, both played in Boston this week. I missed Chick this time, caught him last summer.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mopper_smurf

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
2017/10/06

Fist time me and my so saw him in a big shed (cap 17,000 sold out of course).  The dome has great acoustics and they played a great show, playing almost all songs from Skeleton Tree. List time we saw him was in The Hague (cap 2,161) on May 16 & 17, 2015.  MY so thinks that this kind of music works better in smaller venues. I concur. That said, go see them you get the change. Rumour has it that they will head back to the States in 2018.

QuoteAnthrocene
Jesus Alone
Magneto
Higgs Boson Blues
From Her to Eternity
Tupelo
Jubilee Street
The Ship Song
Into My Arms
Girl in Amber
I Need You
Red Right Hand
The Mercy Seat
Distant Sky
Skeleton Tree
Encore:
The Weeping Song
Stagger Lee
Push the Sky Away
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

anthrax

great to see this weirdo last night in at the metro in chicago!  they played a really good rendition of cities with scott on vocals.  mike made mention of the fact that he hadn't been in the room since '92 with phish.  played his big ones...waking up dead, let's go, crazy sometimes, etc.

Caravan2001

Went to The War On Drugs with Hicks last week.  It was an awesome show!

rowjimmy

Saw Phil last night.

Anthem
Washington, D.C.

I
-Phil & TXRFamily Band w/ Nicki Blum & Robert Randolph-
Mason's Children
TLEO
Broken Arrow
How Sweet It Is (NB on lead vox)
Passenger
What She Said >
Bertha
Cumberland Blues

II
-Phil & TXRFamily Band w/ Nicki Blum & Robert Randolph, plus Preservation Jazz Hall Band Horns-
Viola Lee Blues >
The Other One >
Monkey Man
Throwing Stones

-Preservation Hall Jazz Band (full band) only-
2(?) songs

-Phil & TXRFamily Band w/ Nicki Blum & Robert Randolph-
Terrapin Station >
I Know You Rider
Cody Rap
Ripple

It was basically way better than I'd have predicted. Really great show and a terrific new venue. The Viola Lee > O1 > Monkey Man with the horns was crazy.
First source up on archive: https://archive.org/details/phil2017-10-25

Took this during Monkey Man:

(Phil is behind the Trombone)

This is from set one:

PIE-GUY

Is Anthem a Pete Shapiro venue?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 26, 2017, 10:00:59 AM
Is Anthem a Pete Shapiro venue?

No its an IMP venue. Same owners as 930 club & some other DC venues.

Caravan2001

How was Graham Lesh?  They are coming here and I got tix, but the lineup is leaving me a little underwhelmed.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 26, 2017, 12:41:57 PM
How was Graham Lesh?  They are coming here and I got tix, but the lineup is leaving me a little underwhelmed.

The reviews of their Lockn sets this year were pretty bad.