News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gas Prices Are Up Already

Started by Hicks, November 12, 2006, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2006, 01:07:23 PM
housewives taking their 5,000 lbs SUVs to buy milk is the problem... :roll:

exactly.

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2006, 02:08:38 PM
we will too once we realize we can grow our own fuel instead of pumping out dead dinosaurs

dead plants actually but you're right, we need to switch up this mf.

sls.stormyrider

not only that, they drive from one end of the shopping center to the other instead of walking :frustrated:

another difference between us and Europe was illustrated for me once when I was there. The hotel we were staying at was about a 5 minute walk from the center of town (Aix). An apparently able bodied American man and his wife asked about a shuttle to town. The receptionist looked at him kinda funny and said (politely) that there was no shuttle, we just walk. Walking, what a concept! seems like it was forgotten about here.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

flow00

Exactly. Nowhere is it worse than Michigan. This state buys more SUVs per capita than anywhere else. When I park at work, my car is swallowed by the lines of SUVs. It just seems so unnecessary to lug around a two-plus ton chunk of metal if your only trip is to the soccer field, the drug store and a strip mall. I never understood the appeal, but to each his/her own I suppose. I think we need to require carmakers to produce cars that reach a minimum mpgs, like say, 30.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Random Iraqi oil pics

here is an older map from 1953 showing supply routes/lines:

from 3/21/03