News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Winter 1997

Started by susep, January 25, 2007, 09:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Here's the Set 2 + Encore portion:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fywf47

01 2001 2March
02 Suzy Jam 23Feb.
03 Carini 17Feb.
04 Reba 21Feb.
05 Jam 13Feb.
06 Hood 22Feb.
07 Taste 1March - Encore

Enjoy!

mp3>zip
108 MB

cactusfan

over the past week i listened to this tour, at least the 7 shows i have.
good stuff.

of particular note, i thought, was just how crazy and in a sense out of the blue the funk of the 3/1 show is. i mean the whole new '97 vibe is apparent from the start of the tour, that loose, grooving vibe, which is no doubt aided by their playing little rooms in europe, but when they start up cities on 3/1 it's really different. and then disease and wolfman's > chicago and so forth. the show before this one on 2/28, for example, is a great one, but pretty far from being funky. it's two short sets of really tightly played songs, no real jams, and nothing like what comes the night after. and 3/2 just feels like a full on rock show of songs they liked playing that tour. not much that's funky outside of the YEM.

so anyway. no wonder they released slip, stitch and pass. that one show really heralded the new direction of phish.

i also love the heavy metal riff at the tenax show on 2/21 that becomes the heavy metal wilson. trey plays it again in the 3/1 possum and in the 3/2 slave. nice.

of the shows i listented to (2/17, 2/18, 2/20, 2/21, 2/26, 2/28, 3/1, 3/2), the weakest one by far, really the only weak one, is 2/20. just couldn't get into it at all. and 3/2 was only okay. i'll have to pick up the other ones at some point...

disco

i'll be passing on the 97 biz if you guys hit it up. 94 is gonna be everyother day, 2 seeds per day, that will be plenty for me and then maybe a break for a bit, if you need one or two, I could help, but no whole tour investment this time
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on February 03, 2007, 09:10:36 PM
no wonder they released slip, stitch and pass. that one show really heralded the new direction of phish.

Indeed, I give equal if not greater props to 17Feb.  Maybe not as funky but certainly equal or above in creativity:  Carini>Jam>Jam>Jam>Taste.  Some of their best improv. 

cactusfan

Quote from: susep73 on February 03, 2007, 11:12:40 PM
Indeed, I give equal if not greater props to 17Feb.  Maybe not as funky but certainly equal or above in creativity:  Carini>Jam>Jam>Jam>Taste.  Some of their best improv. 

absolutely. i'm not suggesting that 3/1 was the BEST show of the run, just that it showcased the funk far more explicitly than any of the shows that preceded it. if i had to pick a favorite set of the run, i'd take 2/17 set 2. that carini is insane and beautiful.

phud418

3/1 is tha shizzzzznit

"and he said I'm going to...........cook you breakfast"