News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

i need a burning suite that runs with vista

Started by adavem, March 31, 2007, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adavem

i always used nero 6 but it wont work with vista.my new computer came with a trial version of roxio 9 but i cant adjust the burning speed.the trial version of nero 7 enhanced has the same issue.what should i do?i always like to lower the burning speed from max....i get no skips and hiccups that way.any recomendations?it has to run with vista which is very particular.

jedifunk

ummm, uninstall vista?

seriously, what a piece of shit that MS developed...

but to help you out... i could probably find you a full version of roxio if you like.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

adavem

believe me if i could get rid of it i would.it came with my new system.i just want to know if with the full version of roxio, if i will be able to manually adjust the burning speed.i have the trial version of version 9 right now and EVERY time i make a disc i get at least 1 skip.could it be the blanks i use?i've been using fji for years with nero 6.6 with NO problems.i tried a trial of nero 7 and had the same problems. no speed adjustment and bad burns.my old nero wont work with vista.

jedifunk

interesting... i assume its a new burner too right?  seems like perhaps it might be the discs...

you should make sure that the speed of the discs matches the speed of your burner...
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

adavem

speed ratings of the discs?? hmmm, never heard of that before? i assume its on the package when you buy them?

jedifunk

yeah... and on the disc itself probably...

the verbatims i have at the moment (not used for music) say 12x - 32x on them... so they would work best on a burner within that speed range.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

also, i dont know how much this matters with CDs... i know its an issue with DVDs, but i'm not 100% sure with CDs
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

adavem

my burner is a sonycdrw/dxd rated at 48x max so i should use what blanks for best results? no info on the documentation i could find.

mattstick

Error-Check and Defragment your HDs, then see if the skipping problem goes away.

doctorron

Hey,

Nero 7.10 suppossedly works with Vista.  Haven't tried it so YMMV.  Good luck!

Ron