News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mets fans?

Started by Gumbo72203, May 06, 2007, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Just curious how many of us here are Mets fans, I know August and I are, but thats it. 

anyway i need to vent...  fucking Mike Pelfrey.  he does NOT belong in the major leagues yet.  he could, but they need to get him the fuck out of New York.  0-4 record now after blowing our 13 game winning streak at Arizona.  5 innings, 4 walks, 2 hit batsmen, only 3 hits but thats because he gave out 6 other free passes.  2 walks in the first inning, 2 hit batsmen in the 5th (might have been 6th, i dont remember)

this kid just needs to go.  I'm sorry; i was rooting for him after his media talk from his last loss, hoping that he would do good.  He was better than the last time, but still nowhere near good enough.  This was the start, though, to show he can do it, because Beltran, Lo Duca, and Alou were both out of the lineup.  You take out the guys who are hitting, but leave Wright in there who cant hit the broad side of a barn now...  gah.

It might have been Ok had Reyes not been an idiot trying to bare-hand a toss from Gotay (2B) for a double play, but still; giving up runs in the first inning, along with 2 walks and 2 hits, is not acceptable.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

I can't believe you're a fan of one of the best teams (and ability to sign free agents) in baseball and you're complaining.

Some people root for teams with real problems, not having a rotation with ONE inexperienced starter (who will prove you wrong one day I'm sure).

August

:-D

I say....
We are still WINNING, gumbo.
It's gotta show you something that without our 4th and 5th hitters (Delgado & Wright) producing hits/runs we still are.
Omar makes moves and looks like a genius with some of them.
Keeping Shawn Green in and sending Milledge down?
Have you seen his numbers?
Signing the injury-prone and OLD Moises Alou?
Have you seen his numbers?
Grabbing Joe Smith?
0.00 ERA.
Getting Oliver Perez as a ":throw In" in the Nady trade, only to mold him into the starter he could be.
John Maine? Yeah......
Our bench?......Castro, ENDY CHAVEZ, Newhan...
And outbidding The Yanks on Scott Schoenweiss and Damion Easley......

d00d.....lounge up, 'cause the Mets are not even HOT yet.
a

Gumbo72203

bah i know its just annoying because I KNOW that they could have played better.  David Wright's slump is just seriously starting to irritate me.  He's a great player...  but I cant shake this feeling that his great numbers early last year and the year before that were kind of a fluke; he kind of peetered out the 2nd half of last year as far as I remember.  Delgado really needs to get his stuff together because he could be the backup Beltran basically. 

I have no problem with rookies, we have a shit-ton of awesome rookies.  Its just Pelfrey is NOT ready for the big leagues yet, thats all. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

I've been a die-hard Mets fan since '80, and except for '86, 2000, and last year it has been hard to be a fan of a team that sucks it (not that I would have changed it)....They have been great as of late, and compared to rotations they've had during my time as a fan, I couldn't be happier. Of course, as soon as I move from NYC (and give up my season tix), they build a good club....I'm just glad the Braves finally suck...

Bobafett

Iz a mets fan since i saw a game in 98 at shea, mikey P. was my boy for a while.  and the top hat is just the bomb...i want one in my backyard.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

August

Quote from: Bobafett on May 08, 2007, 09:09:10 AM
Iz a mets fan since i saw a game in 98 at shea, mikey P. was my boy for a while.  and the top hat is just the bomb...i want one in my backyard.

maybe you can buy it when hey tear the place down after next season.
a

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 07, 2007, 02:20:25 PM
I can't believe you're a fan of one of the best teams (and ability to sign free agents) in baseball and you're complaining.

Some people root for teams with real problems, not having a rotation with ONE inexperienced starter (who will prove you wrong one day I'm sure).

Seriously dude, try being an O's fan, we haven't been good for at least 10 years.   :cry:  And yet, I still get the urge to go to the park tonight to collect my free Eric Bedard T-shirt!!!!   :lol: :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

FACT: no free agent pitcher wants to sign with Tampa Bay, Toronto or Baltimore because you'll have to play the Yankees and Red Sox 18 times a year.

DoW

pelprey finally pitches a decent game and you complain about him now?
I thought he looke ddecent Sunday.
it's baseball.  it's a 162 game season.  here is how to sum it up.  they are working with Perez and he is starting to throw like he could be an ace of the future.  last night could have been a gem with better umpiring and better fielding.  John Maine is establishing himself as reliable, consistent and can be great.  I still don;t get it.  can't people figure out how to hit a high heater?  Pelphrey is 23 years old and he is pitching in a lrage market for a team that is a World Series contender.  These are 3 pitchers that you can count on for years to come and it seems like if you are in the NY Mets bullpen, you seem to become a great reliever just by putting on the uniform.
let pelphrey grow in the major leagues.  right now, they are tied for 1st place.  it is not exactly time to panic.  unless they have the same injury bug as last year, I wouldn't expect to see him starting in October, assuming they get in.

let the growing pains  come out now and they remain in 1st place.  it will pay HUGE dividends for years to come.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 08, 2007, 09:24:22 AM
FACT: no free agent pitcher wants to sign with Tampa Bay, Toronto or Baltimore because you'll have to play the Yankees and Red Sox 18 times a year.

Yeah, but that's changing.  Who HONESTLY fears the Yanks this year?  NO ONE......and I love it!!!!!!! :beers:

mattstick

It's May and they're hurt.  You would've said the same thing in '05 and they won the division pretty easily that year.  Baltimore or Toronto will have to give free agent pitchers an extra year that Boston or NYY won't...

My first live game this year will be the Hall Of Fame game in Cooperstown - May 21 - Jays/O's!

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 08, 2007, 09:35:01 AM

My first live game this year will be the Hall Of Fame game in Cooperstown - May 21 - Jays/O's!

NICE!!!!!!  That ought to be a good one...... :-)

mattstick

It's just an exhibition game, but growing up Cal Ripken Jr was my favorite player so I pretty much have to get to Cooperstown this year.

antelope19

^Wow, really?  May I ask why?  I have always loved Cal, we all know I am an O's fan, but for some reason, growing up, Eddie Murray was my favortie Oriole!!!!!  I loved that guy.  I still remember how excited I was when I got his 1986 Topps Card in a random pack at "anything collectible" the local pack rat, I mean collectible store.