News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

ipod newbie question

Started by adavem, May 17, 2007, 09:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adavem

i just got one yesterday and am loading lots of tunes,ran into 1 issue.when putting a multi disc set in, can you program it to put all of the discs in 1 file?right now it shows each disc as a separate file on the i pod.in itunes they are all together.am i making sense?

mattstick

Highlight all the songs on the first disc of the album, right-click and choose Get Info.

From there you should name the album whatever it's called, say "A Live One"

Then under Disc Number put 1 in the first box and 2 in the second box.

Then highlight all the songs on the second disc of the album, right-click and choose Get Info.

Name the album again.

Under Disc Number put 2 in the first box and 2 in the second box.

Now they will be displayed in order on your iPod, and all appear as the same album.

adavem

works like a charm.......thanks for your help.

August

So...I might get an 80gb ipod.

Two questions....
1-The latest gen. has gapless playback. Correct? Do I have to do anything differently before loading it onto the Ipod from itunes for it to play this way?
2-Does it suport .wav? Gapless .wav?
3-How many questions was that, really?
4-You sho' 'bout that?
a?

tet

yes, in iTunes, select the tracks you want to play gaplessly (is that a word?  prolly not), which is likely ALL OF THEM.  hit CTRL-I (or CMD-I on a Mac), where it says Gapless, choose YES.  click OK.  that's it. 

will it work for WAVs?  never tried, but it does work for AAC and Apple Lossless, so i'd think it would for WAVs too, but i just don't know.

no idea how many questions that was.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

Is apple lossless comparable to that of .wav?
a

rowjimmy

80GB holds much.
30GB holds less but runs rockbox.

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 27, 2007, 10:18:29 PM
80GB holds much.
30GB holds less but runs rockbox.

I have almost 60gb of albums, alone.
I need space.
And a handy.
a

rowjimmy

Apple lossless is fine if you don't want to port the files to, say, anything else. ever.

jephrey

Right.  And that's exactly why my whole collection is in apple lossless.  :-D

Only thing I listen to the music on is my computer and iPod (or something that either is connected to).  I debated doing it for a while, and finally realized what life is like with an iPod and that sealed the deal.  For me, it's a fine choice, but a lot of work to keep 2 archives of stuff.  However, I do other edits to mine so I'd have to have 2 archives anyhow.

And yes, wav, aiff, and apple lossless all play gaplessly.  Strangely, I didn't even have to set it for most things, it just does it automatically.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

metalzone58

How do i put video from dvd to my ipod????

jedifunk

there are several programs to do this...

roxio makes "crunch" which i've heard is good.

for mac check this link
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs.php?mode=basic&action=search&str=ipod+video&srchArea=macosx%7Cmacosx-all&submit=Go

for pc go here
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs.php?mode=basic&action=search&str=ipod+video&srchArea=windows&submit=Go

many of these are free or shareware, some are pay for usage... but you should find something that will work for you!

good luck
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I think handbrake is cross-platform and good.  I used that back in the 320x240 days and now have to redo a couple movies in 640x480.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

Popcorn is decent for click-click-encode.

mixmasterob

speaking of gapless playback, i cant seem to get my songs to play w/out gaps on my ipod shuffle.  its one of the newer 1gig ones.  very very very annoying.