News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

SALSA?!

Started by newplanet7, September 29, 2007, 11:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: newplanet7 on September 30, 2007, 11:07:56 PM
Sometimes I dig some roasted garlic in mine and I also dig a medium spiciness.
Thanks mandi.

not a problem!
hope you like it :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Bobafett

If i buy canned, i buy El Pato in the yellow can and mix with a mild chucky sams choice.  Its spiceee.  If i make it from scratch, i would follow Mandi's recipie, but roast all the ingredients on a very hot cast iron skillet first, then cool, then chop, then season and enjoy.  Fire-Roasted bitches.  Also, a secret ingredient for me is about 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and cumin. :wink:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Bobafett on October 01, 2007, 10:45:31 AM
If i buy canned, i buy El Pato in the yellow can and mix with a mild chucky sams choice.  Its spiceee.  If i make it from scratch, i would follow Mandi's recipie, but roast all the ingredients on a very hot cast iron skillet first, then cool, then chop, then season and enjoy.  Fire-Roasted bitches.  Also, a secret ingredient for me is about 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and cumin. :wink:

never thought about the cast iron part..
thanks sir!!

have to try the secret ingredient, nest time ;)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

White_Bandana

killer, I'll give it a shot tomorrow night with some fajitas for dinner

gimmetela

okay, i gots the goods.  my dad's salsa recipie.  this recipie makes a lot of salsa, perfect for parties and it keeps fairly well. 

4 large tomatoes, cored and chopped
5-8 jalapenos, seeded, cored, chopped (leave some seeds for extra spice)
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded, cored, chopped
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 head garlic, minced (hell, i always put the whole head of garlic in)
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1.5 Tbsp. red vine vinegar
La Victoria brand salsa jalapena (to taste)

**let it sit overnite, it gets better with age!

also excellent in omelets!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

just got to try this tonight...
a friend of mine gave this to me..

not bad at all!

it's avacado & feta "salsa"

2  plum tomatoes, chopped
1  avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
1/4  cup finely chopped red onion
1  clove garlic, minced
1  Tbsp. fresh parsley
1  Tbsp. fresh oregano
1  Tbsp. olive oil
1  Tbsp. red or white wine vinegar
4  oz. feta cheese, crumbled well

combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, oil, and vinegar. Stir gently to mix. Gently stir in feta cheese. Cover and chill for 2 or so hours. Use pita or tortilla chips.

says it makes 12 servings?!

anyway, if you try it.. hope you like it.
i did :)