News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

I am way more excited for this than I should be.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

http://time.com/4866050/boy-trips-mountain-fossil/?xid=newsletter-brief

Boy Trips Over Rock in Mountains, Finds Million-Year-Old Fossil

Rachel Lewis

A 10-year-old boy has discovered a million-year-old fossil by tripping over it while hiking in New Mexico with his family.

Local media KVIA reported that Jude Sparks was exploring the region's Organ Mountains with his parents and two brothers, playing with walkie talkies, when he fell over something sticking out of the earth. They said he fell right on his face and opened his eyes to the remains of an elephant-type creature that was later identified as a million-year-old stegomastodon, an ancestor of modern elephants.

"I was running farther up and I tripped on part of the tusk. My face landed next to the bottom jaw. I look farther up and there was another tusk," Jude told KVIA. Adding that his brother thought it was a "big fat rotten cow".

The family did not dig out the fossil themselves, but later visited an expert, Dr. Peter Houde, at New Mexico State University."I immediately recognized the importance of what it was. We went out there the very next day to have a look at it," he told KIVA. "We know that these fossils exist here underground. Somebody's house might be built right on top of them. But they don't usually survive the erosional process to get to the surface. They just decay into tiny little bits. They are actually very, very fragile."

KVIA said that the land owner gave permission for the fossil to be dug up, but wished to remain anonymous to protect his land from an influx of fossil hunters.

"The skull that we found is one of the very best to have been found in New Mexico," said Dr. Houde.

The fossil is now being kept at the university's Vertebrate Museum for further study.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Hearing Trey is sound checking with JRAD at Red Rocks right now. Any one confirm?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Not sounding good for Tom Petty  :shakehead:

Was one of my first concerts I went to. Went with my dad and Black Crowes opened. It was a rockin night.

Hope he pulls through.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-found-unconscious-full-cardiac-arrest/

mbw

Quote from: emay on October 02, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

Was one of my first concerts I went to. Went with my dad and Black Crowes opened. It was a rockin night.

Hope he pulls through.

He dead.

emay

Quote from: mbw on October 02, 2017, 03:31:38 PM
Quote from: emay on October 02, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

Hope he pulls through.

He dead.

Ah yeah just saw that update. Fuck.

Hicks

So bummed.

One of my all time favorites.

Fuck today, fucking sucks. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

http://www.madhousemagazine.com/home/ginger-baker-beats-burglars-senseless-sodomizes-1-with-walking-stick

Monday, September 25, 2017
Ginger Baker Beats Burglars Senseless. Sodomizes 1 with Walking Stick.
Kent, England - Ginger Baker the legendary drummer of 'Cream' arrived home to surprise two burglars ransacking his home in Kent England. The 2 men identified later by Police are Nigel Fawlty 32, and Basil Thatcher 27. Baker age 76, long known for his vicious temper and surly attitude, attacked the two men, knocking them to the ground. Baker smashed a vase over Nigel Fawlty's head while pummeling Basil Thatcher in the groin with a claw hammer. He proceeded to beat both men bloody for the next 20 minutes eventually sodomizing Mr. Thatcher with his walking stick. Baker eventually ripped Mr. Fawlty's arm from the socket and beat Mr. Thatcher with the stolen limb. Mr. Fawlty managed to call police with his cell phone when Baker took a break from the beatings to have a smoke. When Police arrived the men were found sobbing in the bathroom begging police to take them away from this madman! Baker who has been in ill health lately with COPD and a Heart Condition said "If this would have been 10 years ago, I would have killed both of them and eaten their hearts". Fawlty and Thatcher were charged with trespass and breaking and entering.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Quote from: slslbs on November 14, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
http://www.madhousemagazine.com/home/ginger-baker-beats-burglars-senseless-sodomizes-1-with-walking-stick

Monday, September 25, 2017
Ginger Baker Beats Burglars Senseless. Sodomizes 1 with Walking Stick.
Kent, England - Ginger Baker the legendary drummer of 'Cream' arrived home to surprise two burglars ransacking his home in Kent England. The 2 men identified later by Police are Nigel Fawlty 32, and Basil Thatcher 27. Baker age 76, long known for his vicious temper and surly attitude, attacked the two men, knocking them to the ground. Baker smashed a vase over Nigel Fawlty's head while pummeling Basil Thatcher in the groin with a claw hammer. He proceeded to beat both men bloody for the next 20 minutes eventually sodomizing Mr. Thatcher with his walking stick. Baker eventually ripped Mr. Fawlty's arm from the socket and beat Mr. Thatcher with the stolen limb. Mr. Fawlty managed to call police with his cell phone when Baker took a break from the beatings to have a smoke. When Police arrived the men were found sobbing in the bathroom begging police to take them away from this madman! Baker who has been in ill health lately with COPD and a Heart Condition said "If this would have been 10 years ago, I would have killed both of them and eaten their hearts". Fawlty and Thatcher were charged with trespass and breaking and entering.

I have a hard time imagining any other human being whose I'd bad side I'd less want to be on... maybe Trump.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

I'm positive I read that story years ago.
He's the last dude I'd want to cross.