News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

can we get some Chariots of Fire playing in this thread?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on August 22, 2009, 02:05:53 AM
can we get some Chariots of Fire playing in this thread?

damn that new upgrade.... I had the youtube all queued up to go, but I don't know how to imbed that stuff anymore!

Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Quote from: blatboom on August 22, 2009, 01:54:40 AM
mid-20s crisis.

no, just trying to keep up with 4 kids on a daily basis... ;)
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mattstick

Phish really needs to step it up and host the 2nd Runaway Jim 5K @ Festival 8.

aphineday

It's cool to see a thread about running on here. I would still call myself a beginner for sure, but I am coming up on a year of running. I started at 330lbs last spring. I am now down to 218lbs, and running somewhere between 20-25 miles a week. I'm still losing weight, and striving to become a better runner every run. Sticking with it is the biggest thing. If you can, you will start to love/hate running. I can't even explain how I felt when I crossed the finish line at the Dam to Dam 20k. I was slow (really slow actually), but I FINISHED IT. No walking, just finished it. You'll know what I mean when you finish a couple of races you never thought you would.

As for the shoes, ABSOLUTELY the most important thing you can buy IMO. From reading this thread, it seems as though Mattstick really knows his stuff, and gave you more professional advice than I could, but I can offer my own experience. I started running with an old pair of New Balances that were pretty beat up. Blisters followed, so I got some new inserts. That helped until the shoes fell apart, and I decided I was going to reward myself for  4 mos of running with shoes. I got on the Under Armour bandwagon, and bought the new shoes that they released without consulting any professionals, just because I was a sucker for the flash. What a dumb move. Blisters every day for six months until I couldn't stand it anymore and I went to a professional who could fit me (Scheels was fine). I bought a pair of Saucony Hurricane 10s. WOW. Turns out I have pretty flat feet, and over pronate a bit. The Under Armours were meant for high arches and no pronation! Running is a completely different experience for me now.

I'm interested to hear how you are progressing! We really should keep a running thread alive in here!

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mattstick

Just getting my gear together and heading out the door to run "A Midsummer Nights Run" - 30K!

Shooting for 2:39:00, wish me luck!

blatboom

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on August 22, 2009, 03:17:02 PM

Just getting my gear together and heading out the door to run "A Midsummer Nights Run" - 30K!

Damn man, IF I could finish a 30k, my time would be closer to 3:00:00 haha! Good luck! Sounds like a cool race.

flow00

Good luck, Matt. That's a hell of a run. I'm going to walk all the way over to my fridge for a beer. Wish me luck.

blatboom

Quote from: flow00 on August 22, 2009, 04:11:33 PM

Good luck, Matt. That's a hell of a run. I'm going to walk all the way over to my fridge for a beer. Wish me luck.

godspeed flow!

GBL

Good luck, Matt!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

aphineday

Just thought I'd make a thread for all of us runners to post about cool runs or races, ask questions, answer questions, whine, bitch and everything else that goes along with our passion.  :phish:

aphineday

I started a thread dedicated to running, thought we could take a stab at that and see if we have any luck keeping it rolling ;)
http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=13335.0

mattstick

Yeah, I'm gonna merge the 2 threads and keep your topic.

In other news I set the gearshift for the high gear of my soul Madison 95 style and smoked that 30K - 2:27:30 chip time.

Awesome pic to follow.

blatboom