News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 17, 2009, 04:48:16 PM
^^^ Wow blat! Thanks for that. i really liked that song, and her voice, and the video is really cool. I just looked her up, and her other tunes and videos are pretty cool too. might have to download some of her stuff off itunes.

I'm not familiar with her at all, just happened upon that tune listening to a radio show online.  I'll check out some more stuff...

bonebo

Jessica Kilroy, she's a local Missoula girl who opened for YMSB both nights at the Wilma theater in MT.  While I enjoyed her both nights I have to admit I get a little tired of just one person, one guitar ( unless it's Neil of course ).  Last song second night Jeff and Ben joined her and she let loose vocally a bit, great voice.

...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

rowjimmy

This is my friend's band, JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound.
They're from Chicago and, here, they are covering a Wilco song.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 02, 2009, 10:29:03 AM

They definitely made it their own, took me a little bit to recognize. Bet the crowd loved the kickback to the Chicago natives.

Ha ha, just watched the Baltimore is the New Brooklyn video. Hilarious, there's a dancing banana and Fidel Castro dancing in the background. Funny stuff!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 02, 2009, 10:50:44 AM

They definitely made it their own, took me a little bit to recognize. Bet the crowd loved the kickback to the Chicago natives.

Ha ha, just watched the Baltimore is the New Brooklyn video. Hilarious, there's a dancing banana and Fidel Castro dancing in the background. Funny stuff!

The Bass player is a bro from way back (grade school!)
I'm pretty sure he wrote that song.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 02, 2009, 11:20:24 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 02, 2009, 10:50:44 AM

The Bass player is a bro from way back (grade school!)
I'm pretty sure he wrote that song.

Nice! You know this bass player Janis Wallin (from Family Groove Company, and now with Steve Kimock's Crazy Engine), her and I went to college together and jammed sometimes. She actually gave me my first Dead tapes! Awesome chick, anyhow, point of all this, FGC is based out of Chicago, too. That is all.

rowjimmy

Ben (the bass player) is actually the first guy to ever play me Phish.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 02, 2009, 12:04:52 PM
Ben (the bass player) is actually the first guy to ever play me Phish.

nice!  :-)

all types of parallels there!

guyforget

The whole thing is pretty awesome, but if you skip to about 56 minutes, thats when Miles comes out...

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1257821802261658318&hl=en&fs=true
-AD_

PIE-GUY

Quote from: guyforget on July 16, 2009, 11:48:59 AM
The whole thing is pretty awesome, but if you skip to about 56 minutes, thats when Miles comes out...

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1257821802261658318&hl=en&fs=true

Ain't nuthin' better than a Prince show... except maybe a Prince show with a Miles Davis cameo.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

tweezerfan

gah

Quote from: tweezerfan on July 18, 2009, 02:36:20 PM

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Nice, check the Born Under Punches under my first post in this thread. It's from the same show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"