News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Round Three: Group Leader Master List

Started by G. Augusto, April 28, 2008, 04:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

I'm thinking we should keep the list to 8 people this time so that we can focus a bit more.

1-G. Augusto (09-12-1999 Portland, OR)
2-Hicks (06-29-2000 Holmdel, NJ)
3-Sophist (11-11-1998 Grand Rapids, MI)
4-Susep (12-28-1996 Philly, PA)
5-Caravan (08-01-1999 Niigata, Japan)
6-Pnchundi (11-21-1995 Winston-Salem, NC)
7-Khalpin
(04-23-1994 Atlanta, GA)
8-Blatboom (06-24-2000 Atlanta, GA)

Quote from: August on February 06, 2008, 01:38:10 PM
The only catch....if you sign up, you have to review other people's picks.
That is the only way this will keep going.

Who's in/out?
a

birdman

I'll admit, I'm not a good member. I've listened to most of the shows...Its just that I feel I'm writing the same review over and over again.you know...
  Sparkle-meh
  Stash- great version. Jam goes to different places. Nice Trey jam
   etc.etc. etc.
I'll keep listening, b/c I lenjoy y'all's choices... but expect shorter reviews.
I'll defer my pick this round.

Paug FTMFW!

G. Augusto

I hear ya.
It's easier to write reviews for post '96 stuff, IMO.
Earlier stuff is kinda formulaic, especially the first sets.
Don't worry, I'm coming with some '99 heatz.
a

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

..I'm down....I still need to review last week (Bangor) though.....I think we can all dig a little deeper though and come up with at least 8 more nuggets.  Still, it's not easy. I think I have one in mind though....it's true though, some of the earlier stuff is a little tough, but not always.  I think Hicks' Amherst pick was money.

rowjimmy

Work & home have been insane so I've failed to keep up my end...

rj = out

G. Augusto

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 29, 2008, 09:17:12 AM
Work & home have been insane so I've failed to keep up my end...

rj = out

I hear ya.
It's tough to keep up.
Can you sticky this and unsticky that, please?
Thanks.
a

pnchundi

sorry to have been flaky, but work drama has consumed me.  i am still in! i am really enjoying this chance to reconnect to different shows.  Consider me back. 
I have 3 weeks of shows to review but I will have those up asap.

G. Augusto

Quote from: pnchundi on April 30, 2008, 08:36:53 AM
sorry to have been flaky, but work drama has consumed me.  i am still in! i am really enjoying this chance to reconnect to different shows.  Consider me back. 
I have 3 weeks of shows to review but I will have those up asap.

Good stuff!
We need ONE MORE person!
a

rowjimmy

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

G. Augusto

blatboom

seeing as how nobody's jumped in to claim the final spot I'd like to humbly submit myself to the club.  I love the idea, and I'm always down to hear new Phish.. I'm just a little self-conscious as I'm not a musician so I don't know chords and keys and all that..But I know what sounds good to my ears dammit!   :-D

Ok with everyone??  Thanks.  :phish:

G. Augusto

Quote from: blatboom on April 30, 2008, 07:58:53 PM
seeing as how nobody's jumped in to claim the final spot I'd like to humbly submit myself to the club.  I love the idea, and I'm always down to hear new Phish.. I'm just a little self-conscious as I'm not a musician so I don't know chords and keys and all that..But I know what sounds good to my ears dammit!   :-D

Ok with everyone??  Thanks.  :phish:

How you feel about frilly toothpicks?
a

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..