News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Special Counsel investigation

Started by Thrillhouse, September 21, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrillhouse

Thursday will be a very interesting day to say the least.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

runawayjimbo

Quote from: ytowndan on September 25, 2018, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 25, 2018, 09:06:23 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on September 24, 2018, 06:16:12 PM
Quote from: gah on September 24, 2018, 03:28:55 PM
This is still going on?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

jk, that's cool to have it's own thread. but I'm pretty sure the adventures in communications thread was had become the primary can-you-believe-this-fucking-bullshit-here thread...

I honestly stopped paying attention to that nonsense about 6 months ago, cause it seems like it's never ending and incredibly slow moving.

I haven't so much tuned out as much as I've become numb.  Part of the reason, I believe, that the political threads are so dead around here is that, yes, yes we can believe it.  It doesn't matter what you're about to tell us -- however seemingly shocking, disgusting and/or treasonous -- our response is, "yeah, that sounds about right." Or at least that's my response.  Maybe I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone, but I don't think I have what it takes to be genuinely surprised at this president anymore (excepting certain things like murder or perhaps some kind of hardcore pedophilia).  There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are, and it's entirely the Republican Party's fault for not nipping this in the bud.

Democrats stacked the election for the most unlikeable candidate in history and literally the only person who could lose to Trump. And also promoted him during primaries cause it would be such an "easy" victory. So not sure this last bit holds up.

I share your numbness at the sheer stupidity of it all tho. Every day is stupider than the last.

Well, first, Hillary was infinitely better than Trump and, considering that she actually won the election, the people agreed.  But this isn't about her or the DNC, because Trump is not a Democrat.  It's about how the GOP has had endless opportunities (starting with their convention) to do the right thing but refused each and every time.  They're now the proud owners of Donald J. Trump and all he represents, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

That's not how elections work here. There are rules, dude.

All I'm saying is Bernie would've won (I know you agree and not trying to rub salt).

Quote from: mattstick on September 25, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
So unlikeable that she got 3+ million more votes and Russian interference in 3 key states was required to swing the electoral college to Putin's asset.

Your talking points are kinda bullshit and if you believe that shit you're probably part of the problem.

lol talking points
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: jam> on September 25, 2018, 11:21:45 AM
I'm not sure what she did that was so indefensible. Seemed like she ran a smooth campaign to me. Still, she was unlikeable. I have trouble finding baby boomer democrat women who liked her at all.

Taking states like Michigan for granted for one.   

But really she should have gone after Bernie's base and moved to the left. 

Her bland centrist positions didn't get many people excited to vote for her. 

In the end she lost to the worst candidate in history and that's what I really find indefensible. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on September 25, 2018, 12:40:01 PM
Quote from: jam> on September 25, 2018, 11:21:45 AM
I'm not sure what she did that was so indefensible. Seemed like she ran a smooth campaign to me. Still, she was unlikeable. I have trouble finding baby boomer democrat women who liked her at all.

Taking states like Michigan for granted for one.   

But really she should have gone after Bernie's base and moved to the left. 

Her bland centrist positions didn't get many people excited to vote for her. 

In the end she lost to the worst candidate in history and that's what I really find indefensible.

Good points

gah

Well Sessions is out, and his replacement has talked about "starving" funding to the special investigation.

Trump seems emboldened and threatened. This is gonna get interesting.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Yeah, I'd say Trump's looking scared and desperate. This is when he could be most dangerous.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sls.stormyrider

Meanwhile Whitaker may not last long

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/whitaker-company-government/index.html

QuoteWhitaker's link to a 'scam' company that was shut down by the government
By Scott Bronstein, CNN

(CNN)Matthew Whitaker, the acting US attorney general, was on the advisory board of a Florida company that was shut down by the Federal Trade Commission and served with a $26 million judgment earlier this year for what court documents called "a scam that has bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars."

The company, World Patent Marketing, promised to help inventors get patents.
Whitaker was named as an advisory board member in October 2014 and Federal Election Commission filings showed the company's owner donated $2,600 to Whitaker's campaign when he was running for the US Senate. A payment record also shows Whitaker was paid at least $9,375 by the company from October 2014 to February 2016, and was due to be paid an additional $7,500 in 2016 and 2017, but it is unclear whether he received that money.
According to a World Patent Marketing press release announcing Whitaker's position on the board, Whitaker was quoted as saying, "World Patent Marketing has become a trusted partner to many inventors that believe in the American Dream," and "I have always admired World Patent Marketing and its innovative products and dynamic leadership team."
In May, the company agreed to a settlement with the FTC amid allegations that World Patent Marketing used unfair tactics, including threats of legal action, when customers complained about the company or its services. The court banned the company from the invention promotion business; in addition, the judge ordered the $26 million judgment to be partially suspended as long as the company's owner Scott Cooper paid about $975,000. Whitaker's involvement was first reported by The Miami New Times.
Whitaker was so involved in the company he sent a threatening email to a disgruntled customer, which was filed in the case by the FTC. In it, Whitaker accuses a customer of "blackmail or extortion" because the customer had threatened to complain to the Better Business Bureau.
"I am a former United States Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa," the email says. "I am assuming you understand that there could be serious civil and criminal consequences for you" if the customer filed a complaint, Whitaker wrote, adding, "Understand that we take threats like this quite seriously."
The customer responded that Whitaker was "party (to) a scam."
Whitaker, through the Justice Department, declined to comment.
The FTC said customers who had paid thousands of dollars to World Patent Marketing to market their inventions received nothing in return after months or even years of paying the company. An FTC press release said that after working with World Patent Marketing, "many customers ended up in debt or lost their life savings with nothing to show for it."
CNN's Uliana Pavlova contributed to this report.

Drain the swamp, my ass
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on November 09, 2018, 03:02:08 PM
Meanwhile Whitaker may not last long

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/whitaker-company-government/index.html

QuoteWhitaker's link to a 'scam' company that was shut down by the government
By Scott Bronstein, CNN

(CNN)Matthew Whitaker, the acting US attorney general, was on the advisory board of a Florida company that was shut down by the Federal Trade Commission and served with a $26 million judgment earlier this year for what court documents called "a scam that has bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars."

The company, World Patent Marketing, promised to help inventors get patents.
Whitaker was named as an advisory board member in October 2014 and Federal Election Commission filings showed the company's owner donated $2,600 to Whitaker's campaign when he was running for the US Senate. A payment record also shows Whitaker was paid at least $9,375 by the company from October 2014 to February 2016, and was due to be paid an additional $7,500 in 2016 and 2017, but it is unclear whether he received that money.
According to a World Patent Marketing press release announcing Whitaker's position on the board, Whitaker was quoted as saying, "World Patent Marketing has become a trusted partner to many inventors that believe in the American Dream," and "I have always admired World Patent Marketing and its innovative products and dynamic leadership team."
In May, the company agreed to a settlement with the FTC amid allegations that World Patent Marketing used unfair tactics, including threats of legal action, when customers complained about the company or its services. The court banned the company from the invention promotion business; in addition, the judge ordered the $26 million judgment to be partially suspended as long as the company's owner Scott Cooper paid about $975,000. Whitaker's involvement was first reported by The Miami New Times.
Whitaker was so involved in the company he sent a threatening email to a disgruntled customer, which was filed in the case by the FTC. In it, Whitaker accuses a customer of "blackmail or extortion" because the customer had threatened to complain to the Better Business Bureau.
"I am a former United States Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa," the email says. "I am assuming you understand that there could be serious civil and criminal consequences for you" if the customer filed a complaint, Whitaker wrote, adding, "Understand that we take threats like this quite seriously."
The customer responded that Whitaker was "party (to) a scam."
Whitaker, through the Justice Department, declined to comment.
The FTC said customers who had paid thousands of dollars to World Patent Marketing to market their inventions received nothing in return after months or even years of paying the company. An FTC press release said that after working with World Patent Marketing, "many customers ended up in debt or lost their life savings with nothing to show for it."
CNN's Uliana Pavlova contributed to this report.

Drain the swamp, my ass

Meet the new swamp.
Same as the old swamp.

gah

CNN??? FAKE NEWS!!!

Infowars only up in this piece!

mbw

Buffalo Budd

That's what I don't get, how in the hell does he not think I may have said that I knew the guy.
He doesn't drink or do drugs so it's not a short term memory thing.
Dude just will say wtv pops in his head.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Flynn is fucked too.

Quote"All along you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser," the judge told Mr. Flynn. "Arguably that undermines everything that this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/politics/michael-flynn-sentencing.html

I'm gonna need more popcorn.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

Saw that, hard to believe but the sniffing was pretty weird during the debates.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.