News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Colts Release Peyton Manning

Started by Undermind, March 06, 2012, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: Undermind on March 20, 2012, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 20, 2012, 09:00:51 AM
This is the kind of speculation I could do without...

QuoteMost likely, Tebow winds up as a reserve in a place like New England or New Orleans

I really don't think that he will be a reserve QB if the Patriots get him.  I don't see him as being groomed to takeover at QB ever.  If the Patriots get him it will be for a role as a RB/TE type H back.
I agree, but they already have aaron hernandez.  how many of those players do you really need?  does he really make their offense better?
someone may give him a shot to compete for the starting job. 
I heard on the radio today that broncos went from a 75-1 odds to win the super bowl to 8-1.  don't know if that is true but manning hasn;t played in a year and he will be under a new offense.  just ridiculous.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VDB

Is Tebow even interested in switching positions? Would any team that takes him only do so being comfortable having him on the roster as a QB lest they incur the possible headaches of trying to move him somewhere else?
Is this still Wombat?

Undermind

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 20, 2012, 11:29:00 AM
Is Tebow even interested in switching positions? Would any team that takes him only do so being comfortable having him on the roster as a QB lest they incur the possible headaches of trying to move him somewhere else?
He seems like a bright guy.  He has to know that he's not a very good QB right now.

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

runawayjimbo

I'm still scratching my head why he picked Denver. Seems to me that he's only got 2-3 more yrs (if that) to win another Super Bowl. I would think with him in San Fran with that defense and the new weapons they have they'd have a great shot at getting back there. But Denver's not going anywhere anytime soon. Who the fuck is he gonna throw to? The only things I can come up with is (a) he figures John Fox will let him run the show whereas Harbaugh might have tried to tell him what to do or (b) he wants Elway's cock so bad he can taste it.

There's a lot of talk that he didn't want to go to the NFC because he wants to play Eli in the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and if there's any semblance of truth to it I've lost all respect for Peyton. Now he'll end up with 1 Super Bowl and he'll be remembered more for being a great QB who struggled to get it done when it mattered. Meanwhile, Eli (who I'll call a fraud to my grave) has 2 championship winning drives. God I'll laugh if Peyton doesn't make the HoF while his dumber, less talented brother coasts right in.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Igbo

Quote from: Undermind on March 20, 2012, 11:55:19 AM
He seems like a bright guy.  He has to know that he's not a very good QB right now.

There are QB's starting in the league worse than Tebow

DoW

Quote from: Igbo on March 20, 2012, 12:26:13 PM
Quote from: Undermind on March 20, 2012, 11:55:19 AM

There are QB's starting in the league worse than Tebow
and one just got his contract extended.

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 20, 2012, 12:23:59 PM
I'm still scratching my head why he picked Denver. Seems to me that he's only got 2-3 more yrs (if that) to win another Super Bowl. I would think with him in San Fran with that defense and the new weapons they have they'd have a great shot at getting back there. But Denver's not going anywhere anytime soon. Who the fuck is he gonna throw to? The only things I can come up with is (a) he figures John Fox will let him run the show whereas Harbaugh might have tried to tell him what to do or (b) he wants Elway's cock so bad he can taste it.

There's a lot of talk that he didn't want to go to the NFC because he wants to play Eli in the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and if there's any semblance of truth to it I've lost all respect for Peyton. Now he'll end up with 1 Super Bowl and he'll be remembered more for being a great QB who struggled to get it done when it mattered. Meanwhile, Eli (who I'll call a fraud to my grave) has 2 championship winning drives. God I'll laugh if Peyton doesn't make the HoF while his dumber, less talented brother coasts right in.

Should we discount the fact that Denver won a playoff game last year with a quarterback that everyone seems many seem to agree isn't good enough to QB anywhere in the league? Didn't Indy go from perennial contender with Peyton to worst team in the league without him? I'm not sure it's so assured that he can't/won't win in Denver.

(But I do agree with you about Eli.)

[edited in fairness to Igbo's remark]
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Agreed.  I don't understand why he went to Denver either.  Seems to me that you plug Peyton in in San Fran and they're a lock to make the playoffs a superbowl run for the next three years.

There has to be something else that no one else knows. 

Part of me wants this to all blow up in their face.  Tebow has gotten a raw deal in all of this.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Well, I've been trying for years to get the wife to move to Colorado. At least now if I finally win, I'll have a good QB there.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on March 20, 2012, 03:11:40 PM
Tebow has gotten a raw deal in all of this.
not if he gets a shot to be a QB somewhere else.
the guy won games last year and that is what should matter.  yeah, he got steamrolled by NE in the playoffs, but it's to a team that was at least damn close to winning it all.

I question his long term viability as a starting QB in this league.  if he is really good enough to be that, he will get his shot somewhere else.  in a league top heavy with great QBs and a lot of mediocrity, he'll get a chance somewhere else if he earns it.

phil

Quote from: antelope19 on March 20, 2012, 03:11:40 PM
Tebow has gotten a raw deal in all of this.

I hope it keeps getting raw-er. Fuck a Tebow.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog