News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

my first pollock!

Started by AfterMidnight, November 09, 2009, 05:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfterMidnight

i'm finally getting a place of my own and need something to put on the walls. i've been waiting for years to get some pollocks and finally have.

i ending up buying two today. the first one the boston 20th avn. show (my first show). then a coventry pollock from cactusfan! i'm so stoked to hang these.

hopefully i can find a 8/11/09 and a Burgettstown Pa 09 print as well for reasonable print. both are not pollock's.

is there any way to found out which fall 09 shows pollock is doing?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: MarkDavidson on November 09, 2009, 05:43:17 PM
i'm finally getting a place of my own and need something to put on the walls. i've been waiting for years to get some pollocks and finally have.

i ending up buying two today. the first one the boston 20th avn. show (my first show). then a coventry pollock from cactusfan! i'm so stoked to hang these.

hopefully i can find a 8/11/09 and a Burgettstown Pa 09 print as well for reasonable print. both are not pollock's.

is there any way to found out which fall 09 shows pollock is doing?

Only speculating here (I heard he was doing the Gorge this summer at Alpine)...but I'd guess either Syracuse or MSG if I were to guess.

antelope19

If you really want one, you should be able to find a Burgettstown print on the cheap. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Seems like they like to use Pollock for 2-night runs, so Cinci or MSG would be possibilities.

But really, it's kind of irrelevant because Pollock jumped the shark a long time ago.

AfterMidnight

jump the shark??? what does that mean?

antelope19

a term to describe a moment when somethin that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.  Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.

You have to forgive Matt, he's a big fan of Happy Days.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

That's a pretty common term around the 'ole internet.

Love the 'Fonz.

sophist

Quote from: MarkDavidson on November 10, 2009, 10:54:17 AM
jump the shark??? what does that mean?
it means the quality now sucks. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

There definitely hasn't been a really good Pollock after 2003, his work in 2003 is up for debate.

roggae

Quote from: mattstick on November 10, 2009, 11:23:16 AM

There definitely hasn't been a really good Pollock after 2003, his work in 2003 is up for debate.

wow!  seriously?  i'd have to disagree, but you know what they say about arguing on the internet:

Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

FWIW i'm looking to trade mt gorge pollock night one.  i also have the octo print from chicago this summer.  i'd be willing to entertain any interesting offers.
Clearly it's all awful.

WillBreathes

Quote from: mattstick on November 10, 2009, 11:23:16 AM

Definitely an opinion.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mattstick

Hicks

In regards to whether the 03s are debatable, I've never seen the Camden 03 in person, but from the pics it looks to be on the same level as the 99/00s. 

The 07 10KLF looks pretty sweet too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.