News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/31 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, August 01, 2009, 01:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

I bought the live phish download when I woke up this morning.  I'm on my up to northern maine, and can't wait to listen to the 2nd set when I get there.  No Phish is allowed in the car.  We did listen to some Old and in the Way though!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

PIE-GUY

I gotta say, this 2nd set is the best Phish I have heard in a long time. Trey is on fire!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PhishPhan

Quote from: whatapiper on August 01, 2009, 10:09:47 AM
where was Fluffhead unfinished? i dont have time to listen, im off for this catering that kept me away from last nights show...

It cuts off about two minutes after the final "FLUFFHEAD!".

PhishPhan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 01, 2009, 11:09:47 AM
I gotta say, this 2nd set is the best Phish I have heard in a long time. Trey is on fire!

Indeed, and I love the tone.

mistuhfry

Is it just me or are there hints at DEG during the "Arrival" of Fluffhead right before the segue into Piper???

and btw, Happy Jerry Day!

mistercharlie

Just wakeing up and I've got Taylorc's source in my completed folder from utorrent. It's gonna be a good day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

JPhishman

Wow y'all this second set was serious.... I think I can honestly say that it was the best set I've seen them play live. (First show 7/12/03) Beat the pants off Alpine and Creek.... the transitions were solid, the nasty funk, the mix of new and old. Just wow... The Drowned>Crosseyed and Tweezer blew me away..... I'll be spending the next day or so with family but will definitely have more to say when I get back home Sunday and listen back. Long Live the :phish: :rockout: :beers:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mistercharlie

Tweezer sounds very 'Reba-chill' like around 7 minutes in. Give it a listen
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Quote from: PhishPhan on August 01, 2009, 11:19:22 AM
where was Fluffhead unfinished? i dont have time to listen, im off for this catering that kept me away from last nights show...

So the "solo" was truncated? Well that's the best dang part of the song. I haven't listened yet. I hope the > was well done at least.

Also, side note, I notice on LP the Drowned isn't broken up into song/jam as they normally do for covers ... Xeyed is ... wuddup with that?
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VoodooBrew on August 01, 2009, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: PhishPhan on August 01, 2009, 11:19:22 AM

So the "solo" was truncated? Well that's the best dang part of the song. I haven't listened yet. I hope the > was well done at least.

Also, side note, I notice on LP the Drowned isn't broken up into song/jam as they normally do for covers ... Xeyed is ... wuddup with that?
I think they only track a '*name of city here* jam' when the song leaves any recognizable structure.

WhatstheUse?

:banana:

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but all these good reviews coming in are already gettin me dancing!

I CANT F'N WAIT FOR SHORELINE! (AND EVEN MORE SO, THE GORGE!)
:wtu:

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistuhfry on August 01, 2009, 11:54:09 AM
Is it just me or are there hints at DEG during the "Arrival" of Fluffhead right before the segue into Piper???

and btw, Happy Jerry Day!

do you just copy a cdirksen tweet?

blatboom

rickjamesstjames

2nd set was great, I like Numberline coming out of another song, but I think they might put Fluff back on the shelf again after last night.
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

rowjimmy

Between last night's show and the jackson 5 anthology I just put on my ipod... I think I'm gonna have plenty of quality listenin' to do.