News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 15, 2018, 11:09:39 PM
It's weird how many times I've had the "when did U2 jump the shark?" conversation lately. Honestly, for me it is right after Achtung Baby. It's not their best, but it it's their last truly great album. There are no misses on it. Every song is up to U2 snuff, plus it flows. It's a great album. Zooropa lost me. I tried. Never got it. It just never rung my bell like AB and pretty much everything before it.

For me it's Pop, that album sucked IMO and I didn't care about anything after. 

Need to check out that Passengers album with Eno, seems like it would be up my alley. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on June 15, 2018, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2018, 02:41:47 PM
I could use an Actung Baby.

Zooropa reissue will be awesome for me to ignore like every other release of the album.

We regret to inform you that your Brian Eno fan club membership has been revoked.

Didn't I ban you?

August

Quote from: August on June 15, 2018, 05:22:40 PM
Just pre'd from those Amazon links for $22 each.
Other sites have them up ~$35, so hop on before it goes up.

They're now $35 each on Amazon.

mistercharlie

Quote from: August on June 18, 2018, 07:33:34 PM
Quote from: August on June 15, 2018, 05:22:40 PM
Just pre'd from those Amazon links for $22 each.
Other sites have them up ~$35, so hop on before it goes up.

They're now $35 each on Amazon.

Thanks, J. I pre-ordered Actung Baby for the $22 when you recommended it. Do you do stock tips also?   :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Popmarket has the Portland 74 6LP set pre-order today for $100 + shipping.

mistercharlie

crosspost:

10th anniversary deluxe edition of Blitzen Trappers album Furr is up for pre-order.

https://blitzentrapper.bandcamp.com/album/furr-10th-anniversary-deluxe-edition
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

aphineday

The BD 6xlp was part of my Fathers Day, but I really want this Portland box... haha I'll find a way!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe new EP 'Distant Sky' from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will be released on 12" vinyl and digitally on 28 September.

Pre-order available on 9 July. Watch a clip of the title track here.

Recorded at Copenhagen's Royal Arena in October 2017, Distant Sky captures an extraordinary and triumphant live concert from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

Tracklisting:

Jubilee Street
Distant Sky
From Her To Eternity
The Mercy Seat

https://nickcave.com/news/distant-sky-nick-cave-bad-seeds-live-copenhagen-ep/

Want? Want!
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

John Coltrane - Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album

Listening session on an amazing audio system last night. You need a second mortgage to have one of those, I can pick up the vinyl on Friday.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 23, 2018, 02:17:40 AM

John Coltrane - Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album

Listening session on an amazing audio system last night. You need a second mortgage to have one of those, I can pick up the vinyl on Friday.

Nice.  I will be ordering that for sure.

Buffalo Budd

Friend had stopped in a few weeks ago and wanted to throw a record on so asked if I had Sticky Fingers.
I said it was one of the few studio albums I don't want but it was on the must get list.
He dropped by today with a sealed RE.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 23, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
Friend had stopped in a few weeks ago and wanted to throw a record on so asked if I had Sticky Fingers.
I said it was one of the few studio albums I don't want but it was on the must get list.
He dropped by today with a sealed RE.

Sweet!

mopper_smurf

"Phone it in Friday" starts now!
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Caravan2001