News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

cheney blast - this is weird

Started by sls.stormyrider, February 27, 2007, 08:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

so by now I suspect you all heard about the missed attempt on Cheney "this morning". something strange is going on.

I set my alarm for 5AM so I can run before work. Monday morning, the radio station is talking about a bomb blast, and they think the VP is OK. I was too wiped out from my weekend skiing, so hit the snooze and went back to sleep. when I got up a while later, first thing I did was go on line to check it out. The headlines on the boston Globe web site were blocked out - just white boxes. No mention of anything.
this morning, I get back from my run and my wife is watching the news and talking about a late breaking story, details still coming in, but the Taliban tried to put a hit on Cheney. I'm thinkin' - wait, I heard about this yesterday.

One of 2 things is going on. Either I have some strange powers and can see the future in my dreams (unlikely), or the Feds put a lid on this story for a day until they knew the VP was OK and out of there.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

birdman

The feds never hide anything...thus, you are clairvoyant.
Paug FTMFW!

jedifunk

the feds hide everything, thus you are part of a conspiracy ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

i haven't had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in forever.
a

Guyute

Quote from: August on February 27, 2007, 10:50:01 AM
a

Now that would hit the spot.

I say they put a lid on it for 24 hours.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

susep

Quote from: slslbs on February 27, 2007, 08:53:11 AM
One of 2 things is going on. Either I have some strange powers and can see the future in my dreams (unlikely), or the Feds put a lid on this story for a day until they knew the VP was OK and out of there.

its hard to say with Cheney.  The footage I saw this morning showed a very sketchy Afghani security force, with what looked like a bombed out security tower on the left side of the camera shot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if peeps were trying to bomb Cheney but also I wouldn't be surprised if this was made up or some kind of PR gig. 
I've been hearing reports that al-qaida has been gaining strength in Afghanistan recently, I'm sure we'll end up sending more troops there as well.

What's gaining most of my attention are the increased tensions w/ Iran, that we are finding Iranian operatives as well as ranking officials visiting members of the Iraqi parliment. 
Who knows how true any of this stuff really is but the bottomline is and remains, we are not welcomed in either country. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on February 27, 2007, 10:50:01 AM
a
It's a staple in my house. The only cereal I'll eat. Anything else is a waste of crunch.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: birdman on February 27, 2007, 09:50:49 AM
   The feds never hide anything...thus, you are clairvoyant.

Quotethe feds hide everything, thus you are part of a conspiracy Wink

thanks for clearing that up ;)

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

phatyphil

i was up late last night trying to puff myself to sleep (and this is pacific time) and all of the sudden this article was breaking news.  this AM when i woke up i couldn't find anything on it for a while, then it reappeared.  so yes, i too encountered this phenomenon.  maybe cheney was actually taken out and they had to release robot cheney #2 and it took a few hours to program or something.  cheney #1 had a rebuilt  heart and many other areas and behaved rather cyborgish, although couldn't aim a firearm.  check this page out - Health & Medical History of Richard "Dick" Cheney - http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/a_cheney.htm

best line on the whole page "It's a testament to medical science that he's alive." - Boston cardiologist, 2004

that and they knew about 9/11  :wink:

rowjimmy

A friend mentioned it to me @ 5:45 this morning on the train. He'd heard it before leaving his house probably around 5:15. I got online via my blackberry and found nothing until mid morning.

susep

Quote from: phatyphil on February 27, 2007, 09:54:44 PM
that and they knew about 9/11  :wink:

Apparently on the morning of 9/11 the Joint Chiefs of Staff were engaged in a live-fly exercise that was simulating hijacked aircraft in the NE sector.

coincidence?

Interestingly, the 9/11 Commission ommited 4 out of the 5 war games that occured that morning.

cover-up?

grewich

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 27, 2007, 09:46:58 PM
It's a staple in my house. The only cereal I'll eat. Anything else is a waste of crunch.

whoa   whoa    whoa what about the capt'n?

in your face

susep

Quote from: grewich on February 27, 2007, 11:41:05 PM

whoa   whoa    whoa what about the capt'n?

word, crunchberrys are off the charts.  :clap:

grewich

Quote from: susep73 on February 27, 2007, 11:42:14 PM
word, crunchberrys are off the charts.  :clap:

i don't care if they tear up the roof of my mouth...i like 'em!
in your face

thechad

Fruity Pepples is were it's at my friends.    :banana: <--after one bowl.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock