News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Secret" NYC Subway stop....

Started by G. Augusto, November 09, 2010, 06:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: MeltMe on January 01, 2011, 04:57:08 PM
While I was stuck up in jersey for a few days after christmas, I decided to take my gf on a tour of nyc by subway.  Took her to my favorite pizza spot, my old school, she wanted to see rockerfeller center...and remembered this.  We were psyched to see this. 

We got to the last stop, the conductor let us stay on...started going around the turn and before we knew it were at the brooklyn bridge UPTOWN station. 

The tunnel was dark like any other subway tunnel I've ever seen.  There was nothing there.  The pics taken with the station being lit like that were not taken at a normal time.  I really thought we missed something and was kinda bummed but oh well. 

Last night I was googling and found out we weren't alone in what we saw.  Some people said the only way to see it lit up was with a guided tour from being a member of the MTA museum.   

:(
Bummer dude :-(

Sounds like you had quite an adventure though. Gotta go back again sometime :-D
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Guyute

It was on a couple of shows about NYC.  Secrets of New York and 1 other.  It's pretty cool.  They also talked about having to slow even the through trains down a ton because of the sharp curve.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.