News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Lax Thread

Started by shoreline99, March 16, 2012, 12:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

My son broke his Clutch the other night in a scrimmage and I had to replace it. I forgot how much I hate restringing.

And, I almost put it through the TV watching UCONN lose last night.

I know we have a few lax heads here, figured we might as well have a thread. I've got 3 kids playing way too much lacrosse this season...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

runawayjimbo

Nice   :beers:

I haven't restrung a stick in probably 10 yrs, but isn't it all mesh these days? Or do you make him use leather to stay true to your roots? Do you make him wear the old-school helmet too? :wink:

Some good matchups this weekend, UNC-Duke today at 5pm, Syracuse-Hopkins at 4pm tomorrow, and Denver-ND at 2pm Sunday. Here's the full season schedule on ESPN et. al.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7583444/college-sports-espn-tv-networks
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

shoreline99

Nah, it's all mesh. Still a pain in the ass if you're not paying attention and miss a diamond, and when you're using broken in mesh it can be a bitch to get the pocket right. I picked up a new Clutch 2X at LacrosseMonkey on sale w/ free shipping. Score!

Girl's sticks are still old school w/ leather shooting strings.

I laugh at these guys though who pay through the nose to have some high school kid restring heads for their kids at Lax Unlimited. Why not teach your kid to do it themselves.

runawayjimbo

That's true, and I guess you were preoccupied what with UConn shitting the bed and all.   :evil:

Agreed about paying someone to do it. If you can't string your own stick you have no business on the field.

kellerb

I hate it when the paug makes me have to shit

Multibeast12

i dont play lacrosse but would like to comment on how much i hate those monkey stores. Hockey monkey has dicked me hard on trying to get a new stick. and coupons. So i said fuck them and won't ever go back.

shoreline99

Quote from: Multibeast12 on March 16, 2012, 01:43:01 PM
i dont play lacrosse but would like to comment on how much i hate those monkey stores. Hockey monkey has dicked me hard on trying to get a new stick. and coupons. So i said fuck them and won't ever go back.

First and only time I've used them, so I can't comment one way or the other. Normally I go to ComLax or order from Sportstop.com.

runawayjimbo

Damn, just finished watching Duke spank the shit outta UVA 13-5 on the DVR from last night. Some sloppy play on both sides, but UVA looked like a bad HS team at times. I did not see that coming. Duke looked pretty shitty at times earlier this year but they always seem to get better as the tournament approaches.

Now time for Maryland-Hopkins from this afternoon!

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 15, 2012, 12:00:17 AM
Damn, just finished watching Duke spank the shit outta UVA 13-5 on the DVR from last night. Some sloppy play on both sides, but UVA looked like a bad HS team at times. I did not see that coming. Duke looked pretty shitty at times earlier this year but they always seem to get better as the tournament approaches.

UVA Lax is quite distracted at the moment...  not sure how long it'll take to get over it...

Sux for us Hoos...  WTF dood...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

phil

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on April 15, 2012, 12:45:54 AM

UVA Lax is quite distracted at the moment...  not sure how long it'll take to get over it...

Terry

We'll be fine. The vibe at Klockner this year has been pretty good as usual. We have shit the bed once or twice but we are ridiculously talented and we'll make a deep postseason run. I don't think a repeat is out of the question but we will definitely have to step up our game come tournament time.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

twatts

Quote from: phil on April 15, 2012, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on April 15, 2012, 12:45:54 AM

Terry

We'll be fine. The vibe at Klockner this year has been pretty good as usual. We have shit the bed once or twice but we are ridiculously talented and we'll make a deep postseason run. I don't think a repeat is out of the question but we will definitely have to step up our game come tournament time.

That's what I like to hear!

Wahoowa!

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Lifeboy

people watch lacrosse? I thought people just play it.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

phil

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 15, 2012, 04:27:56 AM

I never played lacrosse, and in Charlottesville most of the people that play it are major dbags. But watching college lacrosse is money. I've never met anyone who's ever seen a professional lacrosse game or even knows what any of the teams are called.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 15, 2012, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on April 15, 2012, 04:27:56 AM

I never played lacrosse, and in Charlottesville most of the people that play it are major dbags. But watching college lacrosse is money. I've never met anyone who's ever seen a professional lacrosse game or even knows what any of the teams are called.

Yeah, college is where it's at. The teams are all so talented it's rare that you don't have a really exciting game unless one team is just having an off day (a la UVA vs Duke). Even when one team jumps up by 5-6 goals, the other almost inevitably comes back and makes it a game. I'll never forget my first Final Four I went to in '94 when UVA was down by like 8 goals to Syracuse (I think) in the 4th qtr and came back and won.

Professional (outdoor) lax is aight and they do some pretty crazy shit but I had to punch out when they put a 2 pt goal and a shot clock in effect. I'm a purist. Indoor games can be pretty fun though. It's kinda like a party: lots of booze, music playing the whole time, and fights breaking out (along with some sick plays).

DoW

college lacrosse is great in that only a handful of teams have good programs and they play each other every year.
loved when boston (well, foxborough technically) had the finals.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate