News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB Hot Stove 2009-2010

Started by Alumni, November 09, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: thatfargone on January 29, 2010, 12:16:06 PM
My biggest concern is while the Jays and Os are looking better, I still don't see them competing against the Sox and Yanks.  Angelos will not fill in gaps heading into the trade deadline, he NEVER does.  Jays are pretty much tapped financially going into the season and will not have funds to make moves of fill holes. 

How many years do the Os come out of the gate tough, lead at the break, and then completely fall apart due to no trades/pickups??? 

I hear you on Tejada, I always admired the way he played the game, I really enjoyed watching Roberts, Tejada, and Palmeiro together....but in hindsight, how can I look back with anything but disgust???

Because we haven't had a winning season in more than 12 years!  But I hear ya. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on January 29, 2010, 12:23:10 PM

The O's usually need a lot more help than late-season acquisitions.

The Jays are looking way ahead, although they could be the "08 Rays" in 2011 if everything goes well.

Eh, for the first time in I don't know how long, we have a solid group of young pitchers.

Tillman
Matusz
Bergesen
Arieta
Hernandez
Patton
Berken

I'm optimistic to say the least. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

thatfargone

Yeah, I feel ya man.  Fucking Jeffrey Maier!!! :evil:

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mattstick

Quote from: antelope19 on January 29, 2010, 12:26:17 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 29, 2010, 12:23:10 PM

The O's usually need a lot more help than late-season acquisitions.

The Jays are looking way ahead, although they could be the "08 Rays" in 2011 if everything goes well.

Eh, for the first time in I don't know how long, we have a solid group of young pitchers.

Tillman
Matusz
Bergesen
Arieta
Hernandez
Patton
Berken

I'm optimistic to say the least.

Who are those guys? :P

You've been talking about the O's young pitching since I met you.

Seen Markakis' beard lately?  Bruce Sutter-style.