News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on April 02, 2018, 11:20:33 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 19, 2018, 11:46:42 AM
All right, I just finished filling out the spreadsheet. There were some definite highlights in there. Now I guess it's back to listening to the Dead for the fun of it. And while that's fun and all, I love having an objective when listening. I'm going to miss working on this.

Finally renamed and tagged all the files, going to remove the old share on my Amazon Cloud and reupload the proper version, will share the link back shortly.

Uploading now:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/yQMTYPIsPPOyxWcydDX50a7LuZNngQ7OHmqU1w1o4WM

Sick dude!  Thanks!  You to Mr. C! K+

VA $l!m

been listening through all the spring 78 shows i got for 40th anniversary, love this tour.
jus finished 4-24, really sexy show even though theyre major fucked up at times, lol.
fuckin drumz space is insane. love these first versions.
& omg the werewolves encores that started on teh 19th, just wow. i woulda lost my shit.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

You know I love the Spring 78 tour. Made that the subject of my 2nd Brokedown Podcast. Recently, I was asked to write a thing about the 4/14 show for a zine that's marking the 40th anniversary of that show. Can't wait to share that with you guys.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 05, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
You know I love the Spring 78 tour. Made that the subject of my 2nd Brokedown Podcast. Recently, I was asked to write a thing about the 4/14 show for a zine that's marking the 40th anniversary of that show. Can't wait to share that with you guys.
yeah unfortunately im missing a few shows on disc, but out of the ones ive gone through already W &M and WV are still prob my fas like theyve always been.
Both teh half step and Dew from W & M are seriously stand out versions. of course the dew being super rare at this point... cant really off top of head but i know theres major gaps between dews at this time. also again the eaarly D>S a standout here.
and the WV show just has a very upbeat family vibe compared to alot of the other shows. you can just tell from the tapes the scene was very positive.  great first set and Scar-Fire still one of my top versions. estimated, eyes, aiko all fantastic.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

finished up most of th espring 78 shows i have.
most recently 5-10, 11 and 6-4.
--great shows, and most notably- Cocaine is a Helluva Drug!  :-o
also, another great early D>S in that santa barabra show with the HArley reving to the beat of NFA coming out of space.  :rawk:

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 25, 2018, 04:12:16 PM
finished up most of th espring 78 shows i have.
most recently 5-10, 11 and 6-4.
--great shows, and most notably- Cocaine is a Helluva Drug!  :-o
also, another great early D>S in that santa barabra show with the HArley reving to the beat of NFA coming out of space.  :rawk:
A lot of great stuff in that SB show.  That Jack Straw is a top 5 JS for me....

mattstick

Looks like when you combine Dave's Picks 26 D3 and the Dave's 2018 Bonus Disc you're only missing one song from 12/14/71 - Ramble On Rose (set II opener)

Anyone have a nice lossless source of that one track they can share?

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on April 29, 2018, 06:48:20 PM

Looks like when you combine Dave's Picks 26 D3 and the Dave's 2018 Bonus Disc you're only missing one song from 12/14/71 - Ramble On Rose (set II opener)

I don't but that's a smoking version.  Loved that show in the tape days and Ramble On Rose opened my cassette.

nab

Quote from: mattstick on April 29, 2018, 06:48:20 PM

Looks like this source, the latest, has a cut Ramble on Rose at the beginning, and is still pretty well seeded:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=597921

Looks like all the SBD sources have this cut:

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=744

VA $l!m

winterland oct 9 72 he's gone right now. orgasm.