News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Westworld

Started by Hicks, October 06, 2016, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just watched the fisr season. i liked it.
-funny thing, i never sat through the credits and noticed it was a Bad Robot production until after the last EP, but the entire series i kep t thinking to myself "this show reminds me alot of LOST", lol.
damn JJ, i got you pegged.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

anthrax

Quote from: VDB on January 03, 2017, 11:28:36 PM
Finished the show tonight. Good call by whoever's responsible for many of those theories up there.

I have to admit my interest in this show began to flag after a few episodes, and it only picked back up a little. All the (seemingly) disparate storylines that didn't seem to be going anywhere had me caring less and less, to the point where by the time they brought everything together for the big finish I was partly checked out. Also, I found that much of the show was simply obtuse for the sake of it, which hindered my ability to really feel like my keeping rapt attention would be paid off in the end.

Not a bad show, had some interesting little philosophical nuggets, but I can't say I rank this very highly against other great TV I've seen in my life.

we just made it through season 1, and this is exactly how i feel!

mistercharlie

So that first episode answered some of our old questions, but now there's a huge new can of worms waiting to be opened!!!

[spoiler]Does anyone else thing that the Bernard host is now in a different simulation and the Delos team around him are other hosts that Delos is using to get the info they want from Bernard?

Also, Deloris is a fuckin' bad-ass now![/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 24, 2018, 06:45:02 AM
So that first episode answered some of our old questions, but now there's a huge new can of worms waiting to be opened!!!

[spoiler]Does anyone else thing that the Bernard host is now in a different simulation and the Delos team around him are other hosts that Delos is using to get the info they want from Bernard?

I think your theory is wack.
[spoiler]they're trying to get answers because it's it a long crazy couple weeks and, over the course of this season, we'll get to see what went down.[/spoiler]

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 24, 2018, 12:09:17 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 24, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

I think your theory is wack.
[spoiler]they're trying to get answers because it's it a long crazy couple weeks and, over the course of this season, we'll get to see what went down.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The more I thought about it at work today I started to think "what if Delores knows she'll never get out of the park and managed to transfer her consciousness to the Bernard host since everyone thinks he's a real person[/spoiler]

It feels like watching Lost all over again with the way my mind races with theories.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

well I think I can sum up the season when I say [spoiler]"what"[/spoiler] and [spoiler]"huh?"[/spoiler]
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

you people still watching this?  loving Season 3 so far, this is really some bonkers shit and it's very cool to see that level of tech in the 'real' world... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish