News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/15 - nTelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by sophist, June 15, 2010, 11:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

TUBE opener. I love it. Excited to dl now, listen to on my way to work in the AM - 2 hour drive for the next few weeks to my new job :frustrated: moving blows.
But this setlist looks like win on paper.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Alumni

Really enjoyed set 1.

Got some texts from hoodstream that my audio was way too hot, but I was enjoying myself too much to move back.  :-P And they already had an audio guy - they just needed video help. Moving back in set 2 seemed to help a little bit, at least.

Never really got into that 2nd set. Songs didn't match my mood, I guess. Sure as hell beat watching the Celtics fail to show up.  :-o

As for comparisons and all that . . . I'm not sure I'd put tonight ahead of CVille and Portland from last Winter. There were some good moments tonight. Just didn't click for me, overall, the way some shows have (like the 2 I saw last winter).

Still need a good re-listen before I try to be specific.

'night all, including the 1700(!) lurkers who hung out on ustream. I saw your chat messages - thx for keeping me entertained during the slow parts.  :-P
Cause I got a degree

rowjimmy

ok so, many of us laid up in the condo

GAH
Slim
Igbo
:wtu:
:tte:
hesthemamba
mcgrupp

whatapiper

skirt steak, marinade with hoisen, soy, a little oil, rice wine vin and let sit for the day, then char that puppy a real mid rare on the grill, let it rest for at least ten, quick re-heat in the oven and slice against the grain(most important), shit is the killa

set two i heard pales in comparison to the first, but until i listen who knows, i dig the song selection, nice way to mix up the first, tube opener and slave in the 3 spot, nice work, gin too, im ready to give this one a listen
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

beginning to end
we belong

cleech74

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 16, 2010, 01:53:22 AM

GAH
Slim
Igbo
hesthemamba
mcgrupp

Wait.  I thought you were all posting as McGrupp.  Now I'm really confused. :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

McGrupp

Quote from: cleech74 on June 16, 2010, 02:08:19 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 16, 2010, 01:53:22 AM

GAH
Slim
Igbo
hesthemamba
mcgrupp

Wait.  I thought you were all posting as McGrupp.  Now I'm really confused. :-P

We are except when we aren't.

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

disco

now I understand....
how come rj doesn't have his own pic? Maybe we could do something we that fish pic in which he shows overwhelming levels of psych
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

whatapiper

nice, didnt know Tube was an audience request, "We're an all request band"
beginning to end
we belong

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: disco on June 16, 2010, 02:13:48 AM
now I understand....
how come rj doesn't have his own pic? Maybe we could do something we that fish pic in which he shows overwhelming levels of psych

or this one...

[smg id=713]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 16, 2010, 08:34:33 AM
Quote from: disco on June 16, 2010, 02:13:48 AM
now I understand....

or this one...

[smg id=713]
bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!