News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/19 - Augusta Civic Center - Augusta, ME - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by sophist, October 19, 2010, 11:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ytowndan

Quote from: JPhishman on October 20, 2010, 12:53:13 AM
Quote from: sprobeck on October 20, 2010, 12:23:19 AM
Cool that they brought back Day in The Life!!  :mrgreen:

Did it go somewhere?

Nope.  It's been played more in 3.0 than it was played in all of 97-04. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Lifeboy

Gin- 13:12
Light- 14:28
Reba- 16:18

DEF lookin' forward to giving this one a spin. Too bad I'm broke and can't buy it tonight....
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

sprobeck

Quote from: JPhishman on October 20, 2010, 12:53:13 AM
Quote from: sprobeck on October 20, 2010, 12:23:19 AM
Cool that they brought back Day in The Life!!  :mrgreen:

Did it go somewhere?

When was it last played? Been awhile hasn't it>? Well, I checked out phish.net and I guess you're right. Played 6 times last year and 4 so far this year. Last time before the reunion show was in 2000. I've never seen it. Glad they do it!!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Wooooohhooooooo!

What a night!

Highlights were easily Light and Reba.  The Reba was Fucking awesome.  Totally left Reba territory and went dark type 2 for a bit
Spent most of the show with Redrum, mbird, birdman, pieguy and crew, and got to chill with susep (great to finally meet you!) Mehead and Undermind second set.

PAUGUSTA, FTMFW!
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2010, 02:22:51 AM
Wooooohhooooooo!

What a night!

Highlights were easily Light and Reba.  The Reba was Fucking awesome.  Totally left Reba territory and went dark type 2 for a bit
Spent most of the show with Redrum, mbird, birdman, pieguy and crew, and got to chill with susep (great to finally meet you!) Mehead and Undermind second set.

PAUGUSTA, FTMFW!

what he said, plus the Gin was smokin! Gotta get some rest.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Lifeboy

Glad to hear to had yet another RAWESOME night Scotty!! So far, I've only listened to FYF>Mikes>FYF and Light. Both are indeed smokin'! Can't wait to give the rest of the show a spin! I don't think I will be able to fall asleep untill I listen to this Reba....

burmesepython

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 20, 2010, 02:51:59 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2010, 02:22:51 AM
Wooooohhooooooo!

What a night!

PAUGUSTA, FTMFW!

what he said, plus the Gin was smokin! Gotta get some rest.

FN LOVE the reports... the last two shows look hot as shit... Reba > #Line encore... really? FYF>Mike's>FYF and big Light / Gin jams taboot??? I seriously can't wait for MSG... get me to NY fucking C stat.

birdman

Never, never, never miss a show in Maine on a tuesday night.
Had a blast with the Paug crew. The boys sounded great. Really enjoyed the Mikes, Light, and Reba. Nice to hear JJLC and Nellie Kane again as well.
REALLY looking forward to the next week of shows
Time for work now.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Interesting Reba, reminds me a little bit of that 9/21/99 version.

Personally I don't think the FYF/Mike's stuff worked all that well, but I think FYF is stupid.

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on October 20, 2010, 08:38:02 AM

Interesting Reba, reminds me a little bit of that 9/21/99 version.

Personally I don't think the FYF/Mike's stuff worked all that well, but I think FYF is stupid.
Really?  What about it annoys you or turns you off? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

It's not a very well developed "song", it's more of a riff with a couple of words attached to it. 
Either Trey plays it poorly on purpose, or he can't play a pretty simple riff.

I'd have rather heard them nail the Mike's Song riff at the end than reprise FYF.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.