News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/26 - MPP - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 26, 2010, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

06-26-2010
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Set I:
Crowd Control, Kill Devil Falls, AC/DC Bag, Sugar Shack, Tube*, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea#, Stash, Backwards Down The Number Line, NICU, 46 Days, Suzy Greenberg

Set II:
Rock and Roll > Free, Fast Enough For You, Sparkle, Tweezer, The Horse > Silent In The Morning, Wolfman's Brother **, Slave To The Traffic Light > Tweezer Reprise

Encore:
Show Of Life, Good Times Bad Times

# First Time Played, a cover of Neutral Milk Hotel
* Played by crowd yelled request. Trey commented on the band playing whatever the crowd yells.
** With Vocal Jam
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

RabeldyNugs

How long was R'R? Is there gonna be a MPP am on LP?

I missed it all, so can someone toss out some info on timings or anything special?
:phish:

EDIT: I really do not like Silent anywhere in set II and havent since I got on the train in '94.....just me, but here as the meat yet again...there's something else I think.
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

spaced

Quote from: RabeldyNugs on June 26, 2010, 11:12:40 PM

I missed it all, so can someone toss out some info on timings or anything special?

EDIT: I really do not like Silent anywhere in set II and havent since I got on the train in '94.....just me, but here as the meat yet again...there's something else I think.

IIRC from Tweet times, R&R was about 17, Tweezer was about 15.

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: spaced on June 26, 2010, 11:19:49 PM
Quote from: RabeldyNugs on June 26, 2010, 11:12:40 PM

IIRC from Tweet times, R&R was about 17, Tweezer was about 15.

Nice, thanks man.  And I forgot to say, how about some 7-8 repeat songs from MPP last year? I'd be a little peeved...
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

RabeldyNugs

Alumni

1st set wasn't all that memorable. Or maybe I was busy sweating pure alcohol from those 10% Dogfishes preshow. That was dumb.

2nd set was Phish. I'll listen to the boards later, and I'm sure there are criticisms to make. But that was a fun set. Nonstandard R&R, Tweezer, Wolfmans -- tweeprise to close the set where it belongs (not encore), fiesty GTBT.  A little bit o  :crazy: and a lot of  :beerbang:

Heading out for some postshow  :beers:
Cause I got a degree

redrum

So I picked the rite nite to bail on the setlist thread?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

messengerbird

Just got in from a wedding looks like a meh show after the last two nights. Maryland doesn't seem to get too much love. I am interested to hear the boards.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

redrum

Your intrstd in hearing the boards,
I'm intrstd in hearing MPP2
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Buffalo Budd

Listen to this guy, jonesin' for tour.
How many shows have you caught this Summer?  :wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

blat hijacking..

pretty disappointed with some of the song selections but had a great time.  MPP'd yet agian

you should have seen the looks on our faces when Crowd Control started.

my highlights were the R&R>Free, the Tweezer and the Reprise.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

cleech74

Quote from: McGrupp on June 27, 2010, 01:22:50 AM

pretty disappointed with some of the song selections but had a great time.  MPP'd yet agian

you should have seen the looks on our faces when Crowd Control started.

I wanted to go tonite, but after seeing this...  I know all that went had fun, but it seems a bit of a repeat from last yr.

Hope for more schwillyness for y'all, tomorrow!

Dizzunnk.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

WhatstheUse?

1st set =  :tte:

but Tweezer =  :wtu: +  :crazy: +  :rawk:

Crowd Control > KDF opener again? Weird.........

I had fun.
Bring in the dude!

williaa

Crowd Control + KDF = WTF...

So many repeats from last year, and that show was horrible last year IMO.  Has there been a good MPP show since 8/8/98?