News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/15 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by redrum, August 16, 2010, 12:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

The whale is basically gone.  Almost non-existent tonight.

Trey is sounding better than he has in a long time, imo.
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 16, 2010, 05:04:46 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 16, 2010, 04:47:23 AM
The whale is basically gone.  Almost non-existent tonight.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rawk: :wtu: :beerbang: :beerbang: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

FYP to show front row.

aphineday

Just drove back from Alpine. I had to miss last night because of a wedding in Michigan, but we made it today. What a show, it was really super solid. Let me preface this with a couple things: A. I am SHOT, that drive was a bitch; and B. (most important here) I have yet to hear this one back again. That being said, from an attendee standpoint, Trey was absolutely shredding it tonight. The energy in Alpine is always huge, and Trey was bringing some fire.  WTU is absolutely right to say that the whale is almost non-existent (using it SPARINGLY), and it seems like he is starting to find some of the old school heat we were hoping for. I look forward to discussing this one further after a good sleep, and a listen tomorrow.

I raged it with JJ during the set tonight, caught mbw and acb for set break... and saw JPhishman briefly (lucky bastard). Not bad for missing the Paug meetup. AWESOME shows with you guys, look forward to many more! :banana:

Night paugers.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

shoreline99

Holy Crap, I can't wait for the next two nights.  :crazy:  The way things have been ramping up, I hope the tour enders are a blowout.

Weather tomorrow looks good, Wednesday could be hippie soup.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Looks like I missed some fun this weekend.  Hope this sounds as good as it looks.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

chironug

Itsnotanexperience

the past week has truly changed my opinion of what phish can do in 3.0.........this is not the same band that started the summer.   

chironug

rowjimmy

Um.... Damn.

Just got to 2001 but everythiing up to it has been pretty much ripping.

Ghost > Trey tears the fuck up on this. Things finally quiet down and Mike starts with

Theme From The Bottom > Nice. More shredding. I kinda zoned out on the subway but was jolted awake by

Big Black Furry Creature From Mars,  :rawk: 1,2,1-2-3-4

You Enjoy Myself > Nice one. execution seems pretty solid to me (I was walking to work so, if there's flubs, I missed them while trying not to get run over.) Good Jams and more Trey shredding on his solo.

Piper > short intro before the lyrics but a nice long jam after. uptempo rocking for a lot of it. If this was a cover, Piper would end after 4 minutes or so and then it would be East Troy Jam for 8minutes. The last four minutes are spacey ambient jamming. I think I heard Page hit a little Close Encounters in there

2001 - well, it's no Camden version but it's groovy. Loving Page's fender rhodes solo.

WMGGW - ftw.

Zero - perfect closer for a set that rawked as hard as this one.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

CRAZYED

I'll just say Alpine is my home venue and i've been at every Alpine show since 1998.  Just an exceptional weekend at Alpine.  I've always enjoyed Alpine but honestly saturday was the best Phish alpine show in many years, really a stand out show.  Lots of friends there which always helps but this band is on FIRE.  I have no complaints at all from the weekend.  Saturday was incredible and I enjoyed it more than last night but last night was fantastic as well.  Last night the crowd seemed more mellow to me but Trey seemed to be a bit more fired up.

Highlights for me for the first night was probably the Antelope & DWD which were both sick.

Last night I would probably tip my hat to the Ghost, trey went off big time.

Great weekend!