News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/04 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, September 05, 2011, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

these threads are more entertaining than the shows.

the shows lately are good.  not great. 

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

AfterMidnight

Quote from: bvaz on September 07, 2011, 09:00:11 PM
these threads are more entertaining than the shows.

the shows lately are good.  not great.

by lately i hope you don't mean chicago. those shows a pretty sick if you ask me. just my .2 cents.

susep

Quote from: Undermind on September 07, 2011, 07:51:37 AM
seems like the overall hate has dissipated

haven't had a chance to listen. :evil:

edit - intrigued by the S show set II.  S is one of my favorite letters in their music. 

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: susep on September 07, 2011, 10:45:35 PM
Quote from: Undermind on September 07, 2011, 07:51:37 AM
seems like the overall hate has dissipated

haven't had a chance to listen. :evil:

edit - intrigued by the S show set II.  S is one of my favorite letters in their music.

Not the greatest Sand ever played on 9/2, but it holds.

This show has a great second set. Like the Hood/Roggae/Ghost section, and Rock and Roll has its moments.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sumodie

Amazing run of shows -best 3 night run in 3.0 (beating out SBIX imho). Dick's is a sweet venue -sound was fantastic, vibe off the hook, onsite camping also great. Song flow was excellent, not to mention the number of stellar jams. And the last night just kept peaking and peaking.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to close out summer phish 2011 (except for maybe adding a show in VT! :-)

Here's hoping Dick's, Bethel Woods, and Watkins Glen all get 3 nighters next year. All excellent additions to the touring circuit.

Caravan2001

Quote from: sumodie on September 08, 2011, 12:11:15 AM
Amazing run of shows -best 3 night run in 3.0 (beating out SBIX imho). Dick's is a sweet venue -sound was fantastic, vibe off the hook, onsite camping also great. Song flow was excellent, not to mention the number of stellar jams. And the last night just kept peaking and peaking.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to close out summer phish 2011 (except for maybe adding a show in VT! :-)

Here's hoping Dick's, Bethel Woods, and Watkins Glen all get 3 nighters next year. All excellent additions to the touring circuit.

I agree 100%...

guyforget

Quote from: G. Augusto on September 07, 2011, 07:48:42 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM
Well, I don;t think any of us would have been able to play Come Together at all without having ever practiced it...At least they went with it when the riff popped up spontaneously and took a chance...that said, it is pretty cringe worthy but at least they took the risk and at least they did not beat it into the ground.....

I thought they could have stopped it after the chord drop in the first verse and it wouldn't have been as bad.

he could've, and i thought he was going to because he clearly knew that he didnt know the words or changes. but the crowd up front was yelling the lyrics and egging him on and his grin just got huge from that...  it was awesome, but def the low point of the set.  but for a low point, its awesome.  its not like he dropped into joy for the 3rd song or busted out a mid-set summer of '89.  he tried a half-court shot and ended up w/ more of a field goal, but overall it was net positive, imho and the energy he was feeling from that moment was definitely felt throughout the set. 

i've hated as much as any on this forum, but this was definitely the best run ive seen in this era.  i felt very nostalgic at some points this weekend, and i mean that as a very good thing. 

-AD_

guyforget

finally time to revisit some highlights

playlist:

gin, twist, piper, hood, roggae, ghost
-AD_

guyforget

just into piper...

fuck it though, i'm on the wagon for this run

shit's legit

i remember when we were so critical of unfocused 2.0 trey, sloppy and noodly and pointless.  trey is neither (uncommonly) sloppy nor noodly yet.  maybe he's not exactly patient, but theres definitely no simple wanking 2.0 style. 

-AD_

guyforget

remember when we were all young... coming up in the phish scene, it was always explained to us, and by us to others on their way up: its all about the live shows.

now we all want them to be perfect from our couches while we declare our own hiati and such from them, such the lulz

i think my high horse broke a leg, facepalm    :frustrated:   :frustrated:

-AD_

guyforget

-AD_

Superfreakie

Quote from: guyforget on September 08, 2011, 03:24:23 AM
i think my high horse broke a leg, facepalm    :frustrated:   :frustrated:

I'm nearly off the hater train. Just need a little more consistency in the jamming department but without question they are getting there.

Remember in 2009 when Fish couldn't come out of a drum fill without falling off the beat.
Remember in 2009 when Trey couldn't play any lick other than an ascending rock peak.
Remember when the two of them couldn't peak a jam simultaneously.
Remember when Trey would drop weak ballads just as the second set was taking off.
Remember the whale. 
Remember when this band thought their fan base would eat up Summer 89, Dr. Gabel, and TTE.
Remember the completely pre-programmed setlists. The Character Zeros.....

You think they got the memo. I do. Now it's only a matter of time.........before type 17 jamming commences.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

guyforget

for a second i thought: "the hood landing wasnt all that smooth, especially lyrically."

then i remembered all the times i BITCHED about unfinished hoods
-AD_

qop24

what the hell has happened around here, I thought the end of the world was going to be next year?!?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Multibeast12

This run seems to be turning haters into not so much hate, maybe i'll give it a listen. But i feel as though the VT show is gonna have some very very safe playing.