News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

Quote from: mbw on October 04, 2016, 10:18:07 AM
not sure that google is responsible for that copy.   :roll:

eta:  you would totally buy iTurd.
iTurd is cool, but this generation does not come with flies.

yeah, also I have no hate towards apple. They do there thing and make the best devices on the market. Build quality there is not a phone that comes close to the iPhone. 

mbw

yeah, so.... that wasn't real.

mbw

ph92

Quote from: mbw on November 02, 2016, 08:23:54 PM
Ahem...

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

What say you apple fans! Speak for this outrage (and funny turning of tables)
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

khalpin

Probably requires a trip to the apple store but the wife's iPhone which has twice the memory of the old phone is constantly "full". 
Apps: 1.5 Gb
Docs & Data: 1.30 Gb
Photos: 528 Mb
Other: 22.28 Gb

I have no idea what this "other" data is but it's rather a pain in the ass.  Can't even take a picture.  We've tried deleting and re-installing Mail, Facebook and some others, which may free up a little bit of space but it fills up in no time.

mattstick

Sync phone to iTunes.
Restore to factory settings.
Restore from backup.

ph92

Quote from: mattstick on December 01, 2016, 08:35:23 PM

Sync phone to iTunes.
Restore from backup.

Try this. Is it a 5c? If so that's a super common issue. It could be your storage chip going bad.
Make America Melt Again!

khalpin

Quote from: ph92 on December 01, 2016, 10:02:58 PM
Quote from: mattstick on December 01, 2016, 08:35:23 PM

Sync phone to iTunes.
Restore from backup.

Try this. Is it a 5c? If so that's a super common issue. It could be your storage chip going bad.
iPhone 7, about 3 months old.  I'll try the iTunes thing tonight I suppose.

VDB

You can see a more specific breakdown in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage

It could just be Apple insisting on filling up your phone with iOS update downloads you didn't ask for (kidding). Don't get me started on that shit.
Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

Quote from: VDB on December 02, 2016, 10:37:20 AM
You can see a more specific breakdown in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage

It could just be Apple insisting on filling up your phone with iOS update downloads you didn't ask for (kidding). Don't get me started on that shit.
Yes, when I look in there there are about 25 or so apps/data sources listed, but they're all under 1Gb each and only add up to 2 or 3 Gb.

mattstick

I'd bet that it's iOS updates. The restore trick should do it.

khalpin

Doing the sync did the trick.  I didn't even have to restore it to the factory settings.  Thanks for the tip!  When the wife is happy, the whole house is happy.

sls.stormyrider

since upgrading from 5S to 7+, my data use has skyrocketted, although I'm not using the phone any differently. I have wifi at home and work.
Anyone else notice this?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ph92

Quote from: slslbs on March 08, 2017, 08:59:27 AM
since upgrading from 5S to 7+, my data use has skyrocketted, although I'm not using the phone any differently. I have wifi at home and work.
Anyone else notice this?
I think there's just a whole lot more background processes etc going. Did you hit those options when you setup your device such as "Share app usage with developers" , "send bug reports to apple" or anything like that? those can eat up some bandwith on a buggy new system.

The only other option, its the NSA is watching you more closely.
Make America Melt Again!

rowjimmy

Make sure you review which apps have access to your Cellular data. I Periodically go in to that list (Settings | Cellular) and disable nearly everything that I'm not certain I will want to have data access.
Then, when I run into one that I need, it's easy to turn it back on.