News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Stranger Things

Started by mistercharlie, August 04, 2016, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So last night while the wife was working I binge watched the first 4 episodes if this show and I'm now hooked. I had dreams about it and have been thinking about it all day. I can't wait until Saturday so that I can binge the last four episodes.

If you have Netflix (or a jailbroken FireStick) I highly recommend watching it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

I really enjoyed it. So nostalgic in the best way.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

I'm addicted to it. I can't stop thinking about what's going on. I'm sure when I finish the season I'll have questions I feel like discussing, but for now I just want to say "I love this show."
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

I loved it.  I lost track of all the movies it reminded me of in one way or another.  Everything from The Goonies and Stand by Me, to The Exorcist and E.T.

The soundtrack was amazing, too.  It really added to the nostalgia.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

I wrote things in the Netflix thread about it... Loved this show and have pushed it on many people.

The fact that the whole thing is rife with D&D references is a nice bonus.

mattstick

This kid stole the show.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mattstick on August 04, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
This kid stole the show.

Yeah, this kid was just perfect. Great casting all around for this show.
Bring in the dude!

Mr. Natural

We've been watching an episode a night with my almost-11-years-old son. Perfect age.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

GBL

The score absolutely makes this show, especially the opening sequence
If this is love, I'm never going home..

antelope19

Before I knew about this thread or saw it in the Netflix thread, my brother described it as Goonies meets X-Files. Just finished episode 2. Hooked.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

It's really starting to piss me off that I can't finish this series tonight.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

French filmmaker Ulysse Thevenon made this killer supercut of selected scenes from the show with the associated scenes from its 1970s-80s counterparts.

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

I am surprised no one has mentioned Winona Ryder yet.  Pretty damn good performance.
If this is love, I'm never going home..