News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasure Band?

Started by antelope19, November 16, 2005, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

susep

my 7th month old son enjoys Bossa Nova when he's getting ready for nap time or nite-nite, so do we. :-D

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

nab

Dr. Hook

Reminds me of being a little kid, my mother dragging out her records and 8-Tracks.  Guess the albums weren't really that old at the time though.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on January 29, 2009, 11:04:48 AM
Phish

Me too. You're probably joking, but I'm serious.
Hippies, Phish, the Grateful Dead.
That shit ain't cool. I've got diverse interests and tastes but these things are in my blood. I tell Hipsters, Artists, Designers, whoever; that I'm an old Deadhead and watch them do a double-take. They don't know what they are missing. I grew up with this shit and I love it.

redrum

i'm gonna guess that Hicks isn't joking, but it's still funny anyway.  :lol:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

khalpin

Quote from: MiamiPhish on January 29, 2009, 09:43:40 AM

The subtitle to this photo was "Opeth: the Sigur Ros of Death Metal"

I haven't listened to the newest stuff, but these guys are incredible musicians/song writers, believe it or not.  The lead singer/guitarist Mikael(sp?) is also a badass on the guitar.

Love 'em.  But then again, I grew up on metal.  I was stagediving at Slayer concerts back in the 80s.  Sadly, the last couple Opeth albums haven't measured up to the Blackwater Park/Deliverance/Still Life era albums as a whole, but there's still a couple awesome tracks on each of 'em.  That reminds me, no one ever got me their new DVD for Xmas.  I'm gonna go order that now.

Hicks

Quote from: redrum on January 29, 2009, 11:57:05 AM

Exactly.  Although at this point I could give two shits about being "cool".  It's mostly a guilty pleasure these days because of the wife hatred.   :| :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on January 29, 2009, 12:01:11 PM

Exactly.  Although at this point I could give two shits about being "cool".  It's mostly a guilty pleasure these days because of the wife hatred.   :| :wink:

I don't care about "cool" either. I just find it's a conversation stopper for a lot of people.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on January 29, 2009, 12:01:11 PM

Unfortunately this goes for me as well.

redrum

hey, all our wives are eventually gonna figure out just how "un-cool" we all really are anyway.
it's just a matter of time.
:wink:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

MiamiPhish

Wives not liking phish :? :?

Simply extend forearm, open palm and raise threateningly.

Unfortunately, you will later need to close that palm to J/O on the couch you will be sleeping on.

But it's worth it for the  :phish:

Ri©h

Your wives "hate" Phish?  Damn, that sucks.   :|

My wife took a liking to Phish when she heard the lyrics to 'Weigh' while I sang it to her.  That and I used to play 'Billy Breathes' to put my son to sleep when he was a baby. TMWSIY as well.

My guilty pleasure(s) are steeped in much of the New Wave from the 1980s.  I couldn't possibly pinpoint one single band and I still listen to all of them on a regular basis.

Mr Minor

Quote from: MiamiPhish on January 29, 2009, 01:29:35 PM
Wives not liking phish :? :?

Simply extend forearm, open palm and raise threateningly.

Unfortunately, you will later need to close that palm to J/O on the couch you will be sleeping on.

But it's worth it for the  :phish:

Or fend off other spousal abuse cellmates who are looking for some action on those cold lonely nights in the cellblock.   :wink: