News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Newbie question:NAT driving me insane need some tech help

Started by phishman999, January 10, 2005, 12:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishman999

Hello,

I am having some complications becoming un 'firewalled'. I think I have read just about every faq /wiki page / router support page on port forwarding and NAT and I am plain stuck on why I cannot open up my ports to share torrents. I am using the Azureus client / I have a basic D-Link DI-614+ router/ Win xp Pro / Windows Firewall is off. Shoot me an email phishman999@yahoo.com or we can talk through here any help is greatly appreciated.

guyforget

-AD_

phishman999

The operation times out in my browser.  I can only get at 192.168.0.1 for the web admin page for the router.  I cannot ping that address either.

guyforget

Thats fine, I just wanted you to bring up the router admin stuff.  

But, if you can get to the web interface, why cant you open ports?  Do your settings not stick in your router?  

If you want help youll need to provide more information.  I cant magically see your system and tell you what you havent done to make this work.  

What have you tried?  When you get to the router admin pages why cant you just forward your ports?  Have your forwarded them and youre still firewalled?
-AD_

phishman999

I finally got the Azureus client to show green smiley faces which I thought meant I got rid of my portforwarding/NAT problems. But when I check out the bt.etree page for the show I am DL I still show up in the leeching column in red which means I am firewalled? Any ideas?

guyforget

No, showing your IP in red is normal.  If your port is in (parentheses) then youre firewalled.  If youre port is not in (parentheses) then youre not firewalled.
-AD_