News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

any tips of snagging SS&P online?  hoping they may put it out sometime soon...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

I checked and it's on Discogs for a hefty price tag.
I got it for $63 US, which is still ludicrous imo.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Probably not the splatter, but it'll be released on standard black soon.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Shops that have extra usually put them up either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning. I'd check Plaid Room Records, Amoeba, Bullmoose or (in a pinch) Discogs.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Dan one of my kids or I would have grabbed you one, store had tons. If you don't get a hookup I'll try to take a ride back by tomorrow
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

antelope19

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2018, 12:49:36 PM

Shops that have extra usually put them up either tomorrow morning or Sunday morning. I'd check Plaid Room Records, Amoeba, Bullmoose or (in a pinch) Discogs.

This is where I'll be looking. Thanks for the reminder. Brookvale too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

Got to first store and they were cleaned out. Second store down the street had about 20 each left of GD and Phish. Snagged those and cannonball adderly. Guy told me he requested 60 Garcia's but only got 20 and those were gone.

mattstick

tet

Quote from: mattstick on November 23, 2018, 02:11:35 PM
https://rockandsoul.com/products/phish-slip-stitch-pass-lp

:beers:  ordered!

Quote from: shoreline99 on November 23, 2018, 12:49:46 PM
Dan one of my kids or I would have grabbed you one, store had tons. If you don't get a hookup I'll try to take a ride back by tomorrow
THANK YOU!!  Hopefully this one I just ordered ships, but either way, I really appreciate that!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Woo-hoo! Just got a text from my mom, who's across town at the record store near her, asking me...

"Which one do you want for xmas, The Grateful Dead or Acoustic Jerry?"

Acoustic Jerry, of course!  :beerbang: 

You rock, mom!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

QuoteSnagged those and cannonball adderly.

Would have loved to grab that but no dice.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 23, 2018, 09:01:30 PM
QuoteSnagged those and cannonball adderly.

Would have loved to grab that but no dice.

Was psyched to grab the last one.  Almost grabbed the Dolphy but it was so damn expensive.  The Adderly sounds great, I've played the 1st LP.  Also want to say the GD and Phish sound mint too.  Have played side 1 of GD and 1 and 3 of SSAP.  I never liked Slip Stick and Pass when it came out and never listened to it much.  Always thought there was better live stuff out there but listening today I really gained a new appreciation for it.  Sounds great.  The Cities Wolfman is dope.

mopper_smurf

Got my Ramones and Rocket 88 7". Also The Kinks - TV Session 1965 EP.

And this beauty with 50% off.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Lots of goodies still available here (including GD, JGAB, Cannonball Adderly, Sun Ra):

https://portofsoundrecords.com/collections/black-friday-rsd-2018?page=1

August