News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/07 - Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, August 08, 2010, 01:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

08/07/2010
The Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA

Set I:  AC/DC Bag, Foam, Gotta Jibboo, Reba, Sleep Again, Army Of One, Poor Heart > 46 Days, Tube, Character Zero

Set II:  Wilson > Light, 20 Years Later > Harry Hood, Theme From The Bottom, 2001, Suzy Greenberg, Slave To The Traffic Light

Encore:  Lizards, First Tube

not sure about segues.  whatvers

ph92

OMG, this was a raw show on paper, your guys' enthusiasm has me SO pumped to hear this tomorrowm orning when i wake up, probably vacuum the pool and listen to it :-D

stupid chores ... oh well haha
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mbw

mbw

Quote from: phishhead92 on August 08, 2010, 02:00:24 AM
OMG, this was a raw show on paper, your guys' enthusiasm has me SO pumped to hear this tomorrowm orning when i wake up, probably vacuum the pool and listen to it :-D

dear god!  release me from this tainted orb!

blatboom

Caravan2001

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 08, 2010, 02:01:51 AM

Things are tough all over  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

ph92

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 08, 2010, 02:01:51 AM

what the tainted orb where i have a pool?

cause that shit is inconvenient, and the deepend is sinking into the ground+no heat, so dont think im so lucky haha
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Superfreakie

Really enjoyed Trey's playing in that second set. Had a blast in the LST. The whale was pretty much absent the entire show, especially during key songs it has ruined (Hood, Reba). And while it was used in Zero, it fits Zero.

Do you think these crash land segues are basically now something that is here to stay, such as the Wilson -~-^^~> Light? 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 08, 2010, 02:04:32 AM
Liked Trey's playing in that second set. The whale was pretty much absent the entire show. Do you think these crash land segues are basically now something that is here to stay, such as the Wilson -~-^^~> Light

I hope not!  I'd rather have no segues.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Caravan2001

Liked Trey's playing in that second set. The whale was pretty much absent the entire show. Do you think these crash land segues are basically now something that is here to stay, such as the Wilson -~-^^~> Light

I think they are something we should all get used to.....I just hate it when they really rush it and it sounds forced....They could improve though....Doesn't really kill the show for me too bad as long as the songs themselves are played well....

shamwow

it might just be the stream quality but segue flubs or not they sound good
"If your gonna run up on the stage..."

shamwow

feeling feelings of :| that we aren't headed into the mountains already. hope the shows are killer for all the folks there.
safe travels to all who are
"If your gonna run up on the stage..."

Superfreakie

Quote from: caravan2001 on August 08, 2010, 02:07:12 AM

I think they are something we should all get used to.....I just hate it when they really rush it and it sounds forced....They could improve though....Doesn't really kill the show for me too bad as long as the songs themselves are played well....

I know it is a small thing considering the entirety of a show. I guess it bugs me because it comes off as unprofessional/unpracticed/unprepared. Throughout their history, segueing was something they turned into an art. And now I find myself lost in the music and then all of a sudden there is this crashing dissonance generally from Trey, everyone seems momentarily lost, it's chaos on stage and then the new song starts up..... and they then need 30 seconds so that they can figure out what the hell is going on. What makes it worse is that they are writing set lists now which means they could take a brief moment to say to each other prior to the show, okay these are the chord changes we are going to use to get out of this song and into this. It's not that hard....especially for world class musicians.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 08, 2010, 02:16:17 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on August 08, 2010, 02:07:12 AM

I know it is a small thing considering the entirety of a show. I guess it bugs me because it comes off as unprofessional/unpracticed/unprepared. Throughout their history, segueing was something they turned into an art. And now I find myself lost in the music and then all of a sudden there is this crashing dissonance generally from Trey, everyone seems momentarily lost, it's chaos on stage and then the new song starts up..... and they then need 30 seconds so that they can figure out what the hell is going on. What makes it worse is that they are writing set lists now which means they could take a brief moment to say to each other prior to the show, okay these are the chord changes we are going to use to get out of this song and into this. It's not that hard....especially for world class musicians.

My sentiments exactly

blatboom