News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Bob!

Started by gah, February 06, 2010, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Happy Birthday Robert Nesta Marley! He would have been 65 today.

Quick story, one of those dreams I had that you always carry with you. When I was 15, woke up from this dream where I had been at this fair. There was the music playing from a booth and as I got closer, realized it was Marley. I asked the guy working there what it was all about, since there was no carnival game or anything, just some speakers blasting Marley, and he said, it's Bob's birthday, so we're just playing his music today to celebrate. Woke up, and didn't even remember the dream till that afternoon when I turned on the radio and found out it was Marley's birthday and they had been playing his music all day.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Fishman 07/25/1999Ya roll up a big spliff and then you don't pass it to noone!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

the lightning and thunder at 1:25, right as bob, in a frenzy, jumps up in the air.....wow.
rip prophet bob.

http://www.youtube.com/v/huynn0Nz1O4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Hicks

Thank you Bob for allowing me to use you as an example every time my baby crazed wife tries to get me to quit puffing. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on February 06, 2010, 02:12:48 PM
Thank you Bob for allowing me to use you as an example every time my baby crazed wife tries to get me to quit puffing.

wish that excuse worked with my parents........ "BUT MOOOOMMM, Bob Marley smoked, and look how cool he was!!!!"

Happy birthday Mr. Marley.

Edit: wait... I just realized I totally misinterpreted hicks' post.....oh well....
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 06, 2010, 03:44:25 PM

wish that excuse worked with my parents........ "BUT MOOOOMMM, Bob Marley smoked, and look how cool he was!!!!"

Edit: wait... I just realized I totally misinterpreted hicks' post.....oh well....

Ha, yeah it's not about how cool he was, but that he had eleven kids!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on February 06, 2010, 03:52:40 PM

yeah, but many different women shared that work load.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 06, 2010, 04:00:02 PM

So smoking lots of weed does make you a cool ladies man?!?!

Funny, I always thought it made me an awkward, introvert  :-P
Bring in the dude!

kellerb

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 06, 2010, 04:13:35 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 06, 2010, 04:00:02 PM

So smoking lots of weed does make you a cool ladies man?!?!

Funny, I always thought it made me an awkward, introvert  :-P

It also helps to be a world-famous musician.

Also, chicks dig married dudes.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Happy birthday Bob  :smoke:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Igbo

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment