News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rick and Morty

Started by VDB, September 21, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on September 23, 2016, 02:50:34 AM
I'm gonna have to check out the actual show now that I know Dan Harmon is behind it.  I loved Community.  We got our six seasons...now it's time for the movie!

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 23, 2016, 05:36:27 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on September 23, 2016, 02:50:34 AM
I'm gonna have to check out the actual show now that I know Dan Harmon is behind it.  I loved Community.  We got our six seasons...now it's time for the movie!

#andamovie
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

emay

Season 3 starts tomorrow !  :rawk:

mistercharlie

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 01, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

Cool. We've just started season 2 so this is perfect timing!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Lifeboy

are you sure it started? I had seen something about it on facebook last week, but a bunch of people were saying it was a troll post.

And apparently the creators said its going to start before the end of the year.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

emay

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 03, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

are you sure it started? I had seen something about it on facebook last week, but a bunch of people were saying it was a troll post.

Unfortunately that was a troll post. The graphic looked so real. It did not premiere last night. Bummer.
Suppose to be before the end of the year though.

mistercharlie

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 03, 2016, 10:47:11 AM

Unfortunately that was a troll post. The graphic looked so real. It did not premiere last night. Bummer.
:samurai:

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 03, 2016, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 03, 2016, 10:47:11 AM

:samurai:

After little research, December '16
http://www.itechpost.com/articles/35703/20161003/rick-morty-season-3-spoilers-news-updates-series-release-december.htm

emay

mistercharlie

It was a great surprise to see this out. The '9 seasons = 97 years' joke was great.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Here's my extremely talented buddy Carl's costume from yesterday. (He's the same guy who made the Stranger Things Demogorgon costume last year.)

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 29, 2017, 12:54:05 PM
Here's my extremely talented buddy Carl's costume from yesterday. (He's the same guy who made the Stranger Things Demogorgon costume last year.)

good lord thats a good pickle rick costume! nice!  :rawk:

ph92

There was so many Rick and Morty costumes at hulaween. Even my crew went as various characters (I missed the memo). None were as good as that.

But just caught up, I thought the season was pretty good. But idk if it was as good as some of the past seasons. It almost felt a little rushed and forced
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VDB

Amazing work, Carl! Whoever you are!

I also wrapped up S3 recently. I'm finding that the show is not always riotously funny, but I'm not sure it's necessarily trying to be, and I still get a lot of pleasure out of enjoying the commentary, character development and just plain sheer imaginativeness that it continues to offer. As shows age they always risk getting stale, and a concept like R&M's might have some built-in shelf life already, but I don't know what it is and we passed it yet.

The fact that Pickle Rick has entered the zeitgeist so quickly and fully tells you how relevant and good the show remains. I find that encouraging.
Is this still Wombat?