News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, September 03, 2011, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Phish
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, Co

Soundcheck: Jam, My Soul, Timber (jam only), Buffalo Bill

Set 1: Sample in a Jar, Sparkle, The Sloth, Sweet Virginia, Suskind Hotel, Strange Design, Stash, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley > Sparks > Scent of a Mule, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Shine a Light, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Sand > Simple -> Steam > Soul Shakedown Party -> Seven Below > Suzy Greenberg > Scents and Subtle Sounds > Slave to the Traffic Light > Silent in the Morning > Sanity, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Sabotage

Notes: This show was brought to you by the letter "S."  Sparks was played for the first time since 11/29/96 (463 shows). Sabotage was played for the first time since 11/21/98 (318 shows).  Sweet Adeline was played for the first time since 8/1/99 (285 shows).
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

ytowndan

Quote from: Undermind on September 03, 2011, 02:24:44 AM
Sweet Adeline LTP 1999-08-01 (285 shows) btw

Thanks.  I'm just copy/pasting from phish.net, and I could never figure out the number of shows without their help.  So I left that one out, as well as the last Silent without The Horse (12/13/99, but I don't know the number of shows).
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Superfreakie

Thanks for manning the LST. I crashed the mainframe at my hotel and just got the interweb running now. Sick Show.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Sssssssseptember Ssssssssssecond!!!!!!!!

So, 'S' huh? Looks like they may have written this setlist out in advance. No 'flying off the handle' here. I have no doubt that the energy in that place was off the charts as the night progressed and everyone realized what was happening.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 03, 2011, 05:39:03 AM
Sssssssseptember Ssssssssssecond!!!!!!!!

So, 'S' huh? Looks like they may have written this setlist out in advance. No 'flying off the handle' here. I have no doubt that the energy in that place was off the charts as the night progressed and everyone realized what was happening.

Show was dedicated to the passing of a dear friend of one of our paugers. RIP Scottie.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Great show....really hit home for me...caught my first Sparks which I have been chasing for 300 shows, Sweet Virginia was a kick down and Sabotage re-broke my two fractured ribs..sick...couple that with the fact that the show was dedicated to one of my best friends and you have a show for the ages....can't wait to hear it again...

McGrupp

Crazy looking setlist!

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 03, 2011, 03:40:28 AM
Thanks for manning the LST. I crashed the mainframe at my hotel and just got the interweb running now. Sick Show.

Mainframe? Wtf is this, goldeneye?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Igbo

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

danje

My initial reaction is that this is one of the best shows I've seen.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: ytowndan on September 03, 2011, 02:14:26 AM
Phish
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, Co

Soundcheck: Jam, My Soul, Timber (jam only), Buffalo Bill

Set 1: Sample in a Jar, Sparkle, The Sloth, Sweet Virginia, Suskind Hotel, Strange Design, Stash, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley > Sparks > Scent of a Mule, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Shine a Light, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Sand > Simple -> Steam > Soul Shakedown Party -> Seven Below > Suzy Greenberg > Scents and Subtle Sounds > Slave to the Traffic Light > Silent in the Morning > Sanity, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Sabotage

Notes: This show was brought to you by the letter "S."  Sparks was played for the first time since 11/29/96 (463 shows). Sabotage was played for the first time since 11/21/98 (318 shows).  Sweet Adeline was played for the first time since 8/1/99 (285 shows).

All in all a good show. Obviously, saw a bunch of shit I haven't seen in a long while if ever. Stealing Time was great, thought the set would end there, but they kept on going. Felt the Split was better played than the Stash. Met up with Mr. and Mrs. Disco around Seven Below-ish, and rocked out with them the rest of the show. Sand was well played, great getting a "stand alone" Simple. Place went Ape with Sabotage. Looking forward to going back on Sunday night. Nice venue to see a show, wish the stands were a little closer to the stage, the first couple of sections on either side next to the stage were vitually empty due to the poor sightlines.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

McGrupp

This is gonna be a hard one to top.

Maybe they'll jam tonight?

Between this show and the UIC run, I'm seriously wishing I had saved up some money and caught the end of this tour...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?