News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 02, 2012, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: postjack on February 02, 2012, 12:51:00 PM
i'll be getting the trombone short poster for sure. i love it. the artist made it just funky/psychedelic enough. definitely a framer!

Yeah man, terrance Osborne's work is really good.

As for Dave skipping this one, I don't believe it. You gotta go for the dude's entire series!

If this was the third in his Congo Square Series (which is what they said would happen eventually) I would buy it. But it's not. When he did Uncle Lionel they said it was a continuation of the series and that you could eventually collect an entire all-star brass band. If you look, the buildings even line up so that they are part of the same "picture." If and when they do continue the series, I am all in. This Shorty poster is not part of the series, so I don't really want it.

BTW, here is my mantle:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 02, 2012, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on February 02, 2012, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: postjack on February 02, 2012, 12:51:00 PM
i'll be getting the trombone short poster for sure. i love it. the artist made it just funky/psychedelic enough. definitely a framer!

Yeah man, terrance Osborne's work is really good.

As for Dave skipping this one, I don't believe it. You gotta go for the dude's entire series!

If this was the third in his Congo Square Series (which is what they said would happen eventually) I would buy it. But it's not. When he did Uncle Lionel they said it was a continuation of the series and that you could eventually collect an entire all-star brass band. If you look, the buildings even line up so that they are part of the same "picture." If and when they do continue the series, I am all in. This Shorty poster is not part of the series, so I don't really want it.

details!  :roll:

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 02, 2012, 02:16:11 PM

BTW, here is my mantle:

officially jealous
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gah

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

JPhishman

Couldn't pull tix for meters or lettuce this morning  :-(

eta: Went back a couple days later and grabbed some. Royal Family gonna rage it.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Tips webcasting Mardi Gras Shows:

02/17 funky meters
02/18 galactic
02/19 trombone shorty
02/20 galactics lundi gras blowout (w/special guests)

http://www.tipitinas.com/

JPhishman

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 17, 2012, 12:47:34 PM

02/17 funky meters
02/18 galactic
02/19 trombone shorty

Hell Yes.  :banana:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

postjack

Quote from: JPhishman on February 04, 2012, 03:17:54 PM

eta: Went back a couple days later and grabbed some. Royal Family gonna rage it.

lettuce will put on a better show then the orig meters anyway

*ducks and covers*
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Quote from: postjack on February 17, 2012, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on February 04, 2012, 03:17:54 PM

lettuce will put on a better show then the orig meters anyway

*ducks and covers*

I wouldn't argue with that. Royal Family kills it. When Lettuce came on to close out Bear Creek this past year, I was just walking around like, THAT's how it's fucking done! It was instant dance party throwdown, nothing but smiles all around.

gah

This could fit in the today I like, right now I'm reading, right now I'm listening to, and/or vinyl threads, but I figure this would be most appropriate.

Listening to Ambassador Satch (European concert recordings 1955), while reading Pops (Louis Armstrong Biography) on a rainy Sunday evening, having just booked my flight for Jazzfest. I don't know who I was fooling, me skip JF? Simply not possible. There's no other place in the world I need to be the 2nd weekend of Jazzfest than in the city of New Orleans.

Let's do this!  :crazy:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 19, 2012, 07:32:41 PM
This could fit in the today I like, right now I'm reading, right now I'm listening to, and/or vinyl threads, but I figure this would be most appropriate.

Listening to Ambassador Satch (European concert recordings 1955), while reading Pops (Louis Armstrong Biography) on a rainy Sunday evening, having just booked my flight for Jazzfest. I don't know who I was fooling, me skip JF? Simply not possible. There's no other place in the world I need to be the 2nd weekend of Jazzfest than in the city of New Orleans.

I never doubted you, my friend.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cleech74

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 17, 2012, 12:47:34 PM

02/17 funky meters
02/18 galactic
02/19 trombone shorty

Just saw this.  Thinking I'm gonna check this out, right after the 500th episode of the Simpsons.  Thx for the heads-up. +k for ya!  :-)
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

gah

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 19, 2012, 07:32:41 PM

Ha, you were just trying to keep PG guessin'.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::