News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tell your GFs and Wives...

Started by twatts, February 01, 2012, 03:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

Komen pulls out...  No more Planned Parenthood...  Bowing to Anti-Abortion Christian polical forces... 

Pathetic...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

PIE-GUY

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 01, 2012, 03:19:02 PM
Komen pulls out...  No more Planned Parenthood...  Bowing to Anti-Abortion Christian polical forces... 

Pathetic...

Terry

Though I am familiar with what you are mentioning here, I have to say... "Komen pulls out... no more abortion" sounds pretty funny.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

twatts

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 01, 2012, 03:20:29 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on February 01, 2012, 03:19:02 PM

Pathetic...

Terry

Though I am familiar with what you are mentioning here, I have to say... "Komen pulls out... no more abortion" sounds pretty funny.

I know...  A joke is better at starting discussions than a rant sometimes...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

sls.stormyrider

agree on everything above.

fwiw - got this from SK today
QuoteWe have received a lot of messages of concern today regarding our national office's recent decision to halt funding to Planned Parenthood and wanted to take a moment to update our local supporters. This decision was made by Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Headquarters based on new guidelines that prohibit funding to organizations that are under local, state or federal investigation. We at the Massachusetts Affiliate are not part of these overarching decisions.

apparently, Planned Parenthood is under investigation, which doesn't surprise me.

btw, if you think I'm on too many email lists, you are correct.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

twatts

Quote from: slslbs on February 01, 2012, 05:09:26 PM
agree on everything above.

fwiw - got this from SK today
QuoteWe have received a lot of messages of concern today regarding our national office's recent decision to halt funding to Planned Parenthood and wanted to take a moment to update our local supporters. This decision was made by Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Headquarters based on new guidelines that prohibit funding to organizations that are under local, state or federal investigation. We at the Massachusetts Affiliate are not part of these overarching decisions.

apparently, Planned Parenthood is under investigation, which doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, they are under investigation.  An investigation that will never find anything, do anything, and report anything.  Its like charging a person for a crime, never trying them or finding them guilty of anything, but passing them off as a guilty.

I wonder what Komen would do, say if Congress started an investigation into Komen itself, LOL???

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

sls.stormyrider

agreed
the investigation is purely political
they could choose to make a stand, but...
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

No doubt the investigation is political, but should Komen just choose to ignore thier own policy of not funding organizations under Congressional inquiry? How do you know which policies to abide by or ignore?

Quote from: slslbs on February 01, 2012, 05:09:26 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I was thinking that.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

nab

So, how big of a bag of popcorn does one need in order to wait for Godwin's law to rear it's ugly head in this thread?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

well that's a bummer... being the the service industry I know a lot of girls that use planned parenthood, I myself have been one.

doctors are expensive especially when you work 40-60 hours a week with no insurance, which I'm sure a lot of you feel my pain there.

urgh politics. this is why some days i choose to play ignorant.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VDB

Not the first time Komen has pissed people off. They're also known to go after other charities and non-profits over use of the phrase "for the cure," which Komen seems to claim exclusive ownership of... as though anyone except Komen's lawyers gives a damn.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Those Komen people spend an awful lot on advertising anyway...
Fuck 'em.

* rowjimmy writes another check to Planned Parenthood

twatts

----------------------

I want super-human will

sls.stormyrider

it's unfortunate
both organizations do good work
ultimately, women will suffer because of this.

runawayjimbo

Komen caves to political pressure about caving to political pressure.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/komen-apologizes-for-recent-de.html

Komen apologizes for 'recent decisions,' pledges to continue funding Planned Parenthood

Komen for the Cure just released the following statement from Nancy Brinker and the Susan G. Komen Board of Directors:

We want to apologize to the American public for recent decisions that cast doubt upon our commitment to our mission of saving women's lives.

The events of this week have been deeply unsettling for our supporters, partners and friends and all of us at Susan G. Komen. We have been distressed at the presumption that the changes made to our funding criteria were done for political reasons or to specifically penalize Planned Parenthood. They were not.

Our original desire was to fulfill our fiduciary duty to our donors by not funding grant applications made by organizations under investigation. We will amend the criteria to make clear that disqualifying investigations must be criminal and conclusive in nature and not political. That is what is right and fair.

Our only goal for our granting process is to support women and families in the fight against breast cancer. Amending our criteria will ensure that politics has no place in our grant process. We will continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.

It is our hope and we believe it is time for everyone involved to pause, slow down and reflect on how grants can most effectively and directly be administered without controversies that hurt the cause of women. We urge everyone who has participated in this conversation across the country over the last few days to help us move past this issue. We do not want our mission marred or affected by politics - anyone's politics.

Starting this afternoon, we will have calls with our network and key supporters to refocus our attention on our mission and get back to doing our work. We ask for the public's understanding and patience as we gather our Komen affiliates from around the country to determine how to move forward in the best interests of the women and people we serve.

We extend our deepest thanks for the outpouring of support we have received from so many in the past few days and we sincerely hope that these changes will be welcomed by those who have expressed their concern.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

good for them. that clearly was the right thing to do at this point.