News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Guyute on July 09, 2007, 09:25:15 PM
Can I bring my 6 year old or is it not appropriate?

ehh... i'd say yes, its fairly tame,  i mean people get killed, but not really anything gruesome. very few curse words. i remember one suggestive joke i think that most kids wouldnt get anyway. you might want the opinion of someone with kids though.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

thechad

Might be a little scary, but there is no real bad language (F bombs) and it's not bloody, but there is a lot of violence.  Shooting, fight scenes ect.  But I don't have kids and I think it would depend on your child.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Guyute

Cool, thanks guys.  Maybe I will go see it first.  :-D

You should see the number of transformers in our house, between us and the grandparents, there must be hundreds, including my old ones.  He loves them.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

mattstick

alcoholandcoffeebeans

things to do in denver when you're dead
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

'crouching tiger, hidden dragon'

the 1st movie i bought to watch on my new home theatre setup.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cactusfan

Urgh! A Music War

caught a screening of this last night, nice new print of a movie not on dvd.
shot around '79/'80, it features over 30 bands from the new wave era, one song per band (save for the police, who open and close the movie). no filler, just song after song, and really compelling.
i read on wikipedia that it's been shown on VH1 lately, but with various songs cut out and sometimes extra footage thrown in. due to the original rights/contracts/whatever being lost, it'll likely never see a dvd release. (and i just found most of the clips on youtube, of course).

some of the bands:
oingo boingo
the cramps
devo
surf punks
dead kennedys
go gos
steel pulse
gang of four
klaus nomi
wall of voodoo
x
gary numan
joan jett
xtc

and lotsa others... fun to see in a theater. live music is great shot on actual film and edited intelligently...

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 06, 2007, 10:48:26 AM
Children of Man

wow. Terrific film.
The allusions to Pink Floyd's "Animals" were pretty exciting to see. We watched half the film on Friday Night and finished it Saturday after I played the album...

just watched this movie a few days ago.  I enjoyed it and I liked the Animals  reference. 

I also watched Reno 911: the movie, which sucked major ass.  worst TV -> movie film ever. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix.

Took my eldest daughter last night. I still think Alfonso Cuarón had the best vision of the thing in the third movie but, this one is right close.

If you like this stuff, you'll probably like this.

Jesso666

A Friend talked me into going to TRANSFORMERS last night, Blah, We walked out after the 2 hour mark.Its not that the "Transforming" effects sucked but all the fight scenes(of which there are few) are flashy as far as you can't tell what they r doing. But the worst part is all the supposed acting and the plot is terrible , Find the magical cube lol
'

mattstick

Premonition - a Sandy Bullock joint.

Pretty good film, if you've got 90 minutes to kill and are looking for a psychological thriller - go 4 it.

sls.stormyrider

Sicko:
Disturbing, entertaining, to some degree one sided, excellent.
Makes me embarrassed to be an American and part of the health care system (although things I've seen in NE aren't as bad as what he showed).

I applauded at the end.
We need to do something.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 16, 2007, 08:25:15 AM
Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix.

Took my eldest daughter last night. I still think Alfonso Cuarón had the best vision of the thing in the third movie but, this one is right close.

If you like this stuff, you'll probably like this.
Again. With my 11year-old & her mom & my dad.

This time in IMAX.

Cool...

thechad

Quote from: mattstick on July 22, 2007, 08:57:33 PM

HD-DVD

EP1C

Sweet, waiting for it to be released in blu-ray.  But I watched The Fellowship of the Ring, again and am going to start watching, The Two Towers tonight.  I love vacations!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock