News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 10, 2008, 08:07:43 AM
^^^He most surely has. eXistenZ, anyone? What is it with Cronenberg and buttholes? And yes--Ang Lee's Hulk movie is better than any of the six Spidey/X-Men films. While between them, those had some truly kick-ass fight scenes, Hulk has intelligence not present in the others. I haven't seen the new Superman, so I'll reserve judgement.

I actually thought the new Superman was OK, but I was referring to the Christopher Reeve Superman, as Superman II will always be one of my favorite comic book films.

btw saw the trailer for Dark Knight yesterday and it looks seriously kick ace, not Hulk good of course, but close.   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

cactusfan

Sweeney Todd.

ehh. it was okay i guess. then again, it's kind of boring. and helena bonham carter and alan rickman really shouldn't be allowed to sing. best parts were the two scenes with sascha baron cohen.
as for the look, tim burton ran out of ideas at least ten years ago. he's really running on fumes.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: cactusfan on January 10, 2008, 01:06:56 PM
Sweeney Todd.

ehh. it was okay i guess. then again, it's kind of boring. and helena bonham carter and alan rickman really shouldn't be allowed to sing. best parts were the two scenes with sascha baron cohen.
as for the look, tim burton ran out of ideas at least ten years ago. he's really running on fumes.

i've really been wanting to see this...
and i've not heard good OR bad about it..

thanks for the heads up. :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 10, 2008, 01:20:39 PM
Sweeney Todd.

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 29, 2007, 09:27:26 PM
Sweeny Todd

It was excellent. Depp was good (not the greatest voice for the role but he was good.) Helena Bonham Carter's voice was weaker than Depp's. I wish that it weren't because she had the character nailed but really didn't deliver the songs as well as a fan of the show would hope.

Yes, I've been a fan of Sweeny Todd since I was a kid. My mom turned me on to the twisted story and, in turn, I took her to see the film today for her birthday.

I will agree on Burton's drought of original ideas. Here, the 'look' was fairly predetermined but there were times when I thought Edward Scissorhands was onscreen.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2008, 10:07:33 AM
saw the trailer for Dark Knight yesterday and it looks seriously kick ace, not Hulk good of course, but close.   :wink:

A third! We're gaining...  :-D

But the Dark Knight--is this a 'Batman Begins' franchise entry, or an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel, or what?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2008, 01:35:34 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on January 10, 2008, 01:20:39 PM
Sweeney Todd.

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 29, 2007, 09:27:26 PM
Sweeny Todd

It was excellent. Depp was good (not the greatest voice for the role but he was good.) Helena Bonham Carter's voice was weaker than Depp's. I wish that it weren't because she had the character nailed but really didn't deliver the songs as well as a fan of the show would hope.

Yes, I've been a fan of Sweeny Todd since I was a kid. My mom turned me on to the twisted story and, in turn, I took her to see the film today for her birthday.

I will agree on Burton's drought of original ideas. Here, the 'look' was fairly predetermined but there were times when I thought Edward Scissorhands was onscreen.

sorry i missed your review, RJ...
so thank you both for the heads up.
maybe i'll save and rent it....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i f'ing LOVE this movie.

on TV today.
the unviversal HD channel.

good stuff :)

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 10, 2008, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2008, 10:07:33 AM
saw the trailer for Dark Knight yesterday and it looks seriously kick ace, not Hulk good of course, but close.   :wink:

A third! We're gaining...  :-D

But the Dark Knight--is this a 'Batman Begins' franchise entry, or an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel, or what?

you missed his wink, I guess.

As to your batman questions- "Yes and not really."

sunrisevt

Just wishful winking.

Batman: a little from cloumn A, a little from column B--sweet.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Heath Ledger as Joker sounded like a terrible idea until I saw this trailer.

sunrisevt

I was wondering who that was. Isn't it funny how many Aussies wind up in these archetypal 'American' roles?

willsteele

I can't wait for this one.  The last one topped the first Batman as my favorite.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2008, 03:22:56 PM

Word, I wasn't sure about Mr. Brokeback either, but he looks like he will give Nicholson a run for the money, which is pretty impressive IMO.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2008, 04:26:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2008, 03:22:56 PM

Word, I wasn't sure about Mr. Brokeback either, but he looks like he will give Nicholson a run for the money, which is pretty impressive IMO.

Wow, really?  Nicholson was pretty spectacular in that film. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment