News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Watched Blades of Glory last night....better than I though it would be. It had some laughs, and I wasn't even irie.  I'd say it's on the same level as Talladega Nights (not saying much) but a step down from Dodgeball....If you are looking for a REALLY stupid movie (but one you can  finish) this has some laughs.  My wife just ridiculed me the whole time for liking it, but I was laughing, and that's what counts....

mattstick

Watched Juno today, enjoyed it.

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on January 13, 2008, 09:07:42 PM
Watched Blades of Glory last night....better than I though it would be. It had some laughs, and I wasn't even irie.  I'd say it's on the same level as Talladega Nights (not saying much) but a step down from Dodgeball....If you are looking for a REALLY stupid movie (but one you can  finish) this has some laughs.  My wife just ridiculed me the whole time for liking it, but I was laughing, and that's what counts....

werd, but I thought it was way funnier than Talladega Nights which only had a couple of chuckles most of which were courtesy of Sascha Baron Cohen.

"Will you be my Katie Couric?"

Anchorman is still the gold standard of new school comedies though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I agree, I don't even really remember Talladega Nights, I guess I just compared them because of Farrell.  I def laughed way more at Blades of Glory.....

willsteele

V for Vendetta.

Not sure what to think about this one.  hm.  I think I liked it.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antelope19

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest  ie Vol. II

Good Movie and thoroughly enjoyable.  I am looking forward to getting the finale soon from Netflix.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

willsteele

The third installment is twice as long as The Titanic.   :-P
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antelope19

Seriously?  So I shouldn't plan on doing anything else that evening?

willsteele

Sorry I don't want to spoil things for ya.  It's not quite that long.....but it felt like it.

antelope19

willsteele

It was entertaining.  But after a while it was draggin a bit.  The bloopers and outtakes were more entertaining.

Hicks

Quote from: antelope19 on January 14, 2008, 09:30:59 AM
Is it Booooooooring?

I couldn't make it through the second one without dozing off myself, so if you liked that one it's probably more of the same.   :-P :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

thechad

I thought the first two were alright, nothing great, but enough to keep me entertained.  The only thing that has always bothered me about them is that they're movies based on a theme park ride.  Now I have no issue with a theme park basing a ride on a movie, but the other way around I think is a little bizarre.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

sunrisevt

I didn't like the first one enough to go out and rent the last two. But I think I could watch Depp take a written exam and enjoy it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

I finally made it thru the third one, pretty enjoyable actually.