News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 27, 2008, 08:10:23 PM
I'm quite fond of that soundtrack.

Really need to see the movie.

meh. the soundtrack's all you need...

i just rented The Dead Zone. watched it for the first time since it came out way back in the '80s. cronenberg's first foray into hollywood movie making. it's got a nice look to it, and christopher walken is good as always. but man is there a lot of bad and/or banal dialogue.

plus the morality of the ending is for one thing never really dealt with, and then not having dealt with it, they create this absurd 'have your cake and eat it too' ending that kind of pissed me off. this is a movie that could be re-thought (sorry, stephen king) and re-made into something really fascinating and thought provoking. not that it ever will...

rowjimmy

They made a series out of it a few years back... USA Network, Anthony Michael Hall (remember him?!)

nab

Midnight Cowboy

Didn't like it really.  Hard to follow.

Caravan2001

Quote from: nab on January 27, 2008, 11:18:00 PM
Midnight Cowboy

Didn't like it really.  Hard to follow.

yeah, it's a classic, but I've always had a hard time getting through it.  I mean the characters are great themselves, but it's just way too depressing for me...I own it though, and should probably check it out again...

thechad

Finally saw Superbad last night and it was F@CKING HILARIOUS.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

khanti

Finally saw 'Secretary' tonight. I'd been putting it off because I knew I'd love it (Maggie Gyllenhaal is drop dead sexy) and I was savoring the suspense.

God damn

Never has a mainstream video turned me on like that. Not that I'm even that much into S&M. But that scene with her masturbating to thoughts of Mr Grey ... I had to pause it a few times and leave the room to re-compose myself.

whew. time for a cold shower.

I can take solace in the fact that she's too young for me....

Damn, though... and she was great in Stranger than Fiction.

QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

kellerb

Network.  Never seen it before, besides the "Mad as Hell" scene that always gets played on the oscars, etc.  Great movie, I recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Caravan2001

Eastern Promises...pretty decent, really violent.  viggo mortensen does  an excellent job...

sunrisevt

Quote from: thechad on January 28, 2008, 01:16:41 AM
Finally saw Superbad last night and it was F@CKING HILARIOUS.

Watched it last night on PPV. I second that: abso-freaking-lutely HI-larious.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

Quote from: khanti on February 01, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
Finally saw 'Secretary' tonight. I'd been putting it off because I knew I'd love it (Maggie Gyllenhaal is drop dead sexy) and I was savoring the suspense.

God damn

Never has a mainstream video turned me on like that. Not that I'm even that much into S&M. But that scene with her masturbating to thoughts of Mr Grey ... I had to pause it a few times and leave the room to re-compose myself.

whew. time for a cold shower.

I can take solace in the fact that she's too young for me....

Damn, though... and she was great in Stranger than Fiction.

You might enjoy SherryBaby too.  I actually watched that awfuly Twin Towers/911 movie with Nick Cage just because Maggie Gyllenhaal was in it.

khanti

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2008, 10:49:03 AM
You might enjoy SherryBaby too.  I actually watched that awfuly Twin Towers/911 movie with Nick Cage just because Maggie Gyllenhaal was in it.

Thanks. <Added to Netflix Queue>
QuoteThose Smallmouth are great on a flyrod. They're not all finicky like Trout. Trout are English and Bass are Polish.
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

mattstick

khanti

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2008, 11:23:24 AM

Ever made it through this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304415/

I have not. Looks dreadful, but it does have Maggie in it. <added to end of netflix queue>
-Greg Brown "Eugene"

mattstick

Total dreck.  I watched it though.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2008, 11:23:24 AM

Ever made it through this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304415/

That's one of those movies where if more than one woman watches it at the same time, their cycles sync up, right?

/ducks