News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 13, 2008, 10:50:10 AM
I want to hit Dane Cook with a hammer, every time he speaks.

:lol:

I just got an image of a hippie creeping up behind him during his act and belting him with a hammer atop his head, and him dropping like a sack of potatoes in mid-sentence. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Personally, I thought waiting was rather funny.  While it could have been done a little better, it is practically a documentary on working in a restaurant. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

His last standup CD from MSG was absolutely hilarious.

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on March 13, 2008, 11:00:36 AM
Personally, I thought waiting was rather funny.  While it could have been done a little better, it is practically a documentary on working in a restaurant. 
*pages Christopher Guest
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Quote from: Sophist on March 13, 2008, 11:09:16 AM
*pages Christopher Guest

You may be on to something there.

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on March 13, 2008, 11:10:55 AM
*pages Christopher Guest

Spinal Tap, Best in show, For Your Consideration, A Mighty Wind, and Waiting for Guffman are all classics in my opinion, and all by Mr. Guest

willsteele

I can deal with Cook as a comic as well.  But as an actor....hm.  Not really.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antelope19

Quote from: Sophist on March 13, 2008, 11:12:38 AM
*pages Christopher Guest

Spinal Tap, Best in show, For Your Consideration, A Mighty Wind, and Waiting for Guffman are all classics in my opinion, and all by Mr. Guest

I've never seen "For Your Consideration"  I own the rest on DVD.  I'm a big Christopher Guest Fan.  I still think best in Show is my favorite though.   

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on March 13, 2008, 11:04:31 AM

His last standup CD from MSG was absolutely hilarious.
I haven't heard that one.  I own his first cd and a bootleg audience recording. 

Quote from: antelope19 on March 13, 2008, 11:13:59 AM
Quote from: Sophist on March 13, 2008, 11:12:38 AM
*pages Christopher Guest

I've never seen "For Your Consideration"  I own the rest on DVD.  I'm a big Christopher Guest Fan.  I still think best in Show is my favorite though.   
Its a tie between Spinal Tap and Best in Show for me.  Some of the "philosophical" musings by Nigel (Christopher Guest) are pure comic genius, and I always lose it with the "solo guitar scene" of Nigel.  The "shredding" and the outfit kill me.       

rowjimmy

For the record, Spinal Tap was directed by Rob Reiner...
Although I dig what you're saying and love all of those movies.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 13, 2008, 12:07:02 PM
For the record, Spinal Tap was directed by Rob Reiner...
Although I dig what you're saying and love all of those movies.
my bad, Guest did write it, and I just assumed he directed it as well. 

rowjimmy

They all wrote it, really. Guest, McKean, Reiner & Shearer.
Its spirit carries through to all of those other Guest & Co. projects for sure. Including the fact that significant portions were improvised.
I just like to see Reiner get his due for this movie rather than for 'When Harry Couldn't Seal The Deal With Sally For Like 20 Years.'

Hicks

Stand By Me is another classic from Reiner, actually A Few Good Men stands the test of time too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cleech74

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 13, 2008, 02:37:47 PM
They all wrote it, really. Guest, McKean, Reiner & Shearer.
Its spirit carries through to all of those other Guest & Co. projects for sure. Including the fact that significant portions were improvised.
I just like to see Reiner get his due for this movie rather than for 'When Harry Couldn't Seal The Deal With Sally For Like 20 Years.'

Nice one, rj.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Hicks

American Gangster

Doesn't anyone know how to properly edit a movie anymore?  Great acting and attention to period detail, but sheesh it could have been trimmed by at least a half an hour. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.